<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Convert from stock FJ20 PTU to PRW-1 or PRW-2?

October 18 2015 at 2:20 PM
No score for this post
Orion  (Login turbo16vdohc)
from IP address 14.1.89.175

So my last good button-style power transistor unit on the side of the coil bracket just gave up the ghost, and I doubt I'll be able to find another one in NZ.

I've read elsewhere that people have been able to adapt the 1990s Nissan PRW-1 and PRW-2 transistor units to older Nissans such as the Z31 Fairlady, N12 Pulsar and C31 Laurel which all use a similar stock setup to the FJ20, and since vehicles with PRW units are plentiful in the wrecking yards over here I thought perhaps this might be worth looking into before I bite the bullet and order the super expensive Bosch ignition module that has been mentioned a few times before (a PRW and coil from a wrecker here will only run me about $30.)

So with that said, has anyone attempted this and managed to get it working? Unfortunately there seems to be a lack of wiring diagrams for the previously mentioned conversions.

Cheers
Ed

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement