Yes...August 7 2002 at 1:02 PM
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Response to We're gonna reach way back now and do a few oldies for ya!
I've often thought that the over orchestration and dramatisation of his work during this period was to make up for a lack of decent lyrics.
Neil's best songs do have a certain drama to them but they developed into melodrama for a long time. Yes Solitary man is probably better than September Morn...but I was listening to the original recently on the dreadful September (contractual filler) Morn album and it's damn good. OK it could do with a bit of a tone down...but it's a fine song.
Now there's an album, September Morn, that should've been killed at birth...truly dreadful. Perhaps I should temper that by saying..not to my taste.
- As you say, Eamon... - Steve_B on Aug 7, 2002, 1:10 PM
- But how do we forgive him... - Eamon on Aug 7, 2002, 1:18 PM
- Yes - I remember a 35 year old woman telling me when I was 21 - UK David on Aug 7, 2002, 1:29 PM
- Re: Yes - I remember a 35 year old woman telling me when I was 21 - Eamon on Aug 7, 2002, 4:02 PM
- That's a good point Steve. I've been This Way Before is another example - UK David on Aug 7, 2002, 1:22 PM