Return to Index  

Yes...

August 7 2002 at 1:02 PM
Eamon 
from IP address 193.120.112.58

Response to We're gonna reach way back now and do a few oldies for ya!

I've often thought that the over orchestration and dramatisation of his work during this period was to make up for a lack of decent lyrics.

Neil's best songs do have a certain drama to them but they developed into melodrama for a long time. Yes Solitary man is probably better than September Morn...but I was listening to the original recently on the dreadful September (contractual filler) Morn album and it's damn good. OK it could do with a bit of a tone down...but it's a fine song.

Now there's an album, September Morn, that should've been killed at birth...truly dreadful. Perhaps I should temper that by saying..not to my taste.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. As you say, Eamon... - Steve_B on Aug 7, 2002, 1:10 PM
    1. But how do we forgive him... - Eamon on Aug 7, 2002, 1:18 PM
      1. Yes - I remember a 35 year old woman telling me when I was 21 - UK David on Aug 7, 2002, 1:29 PM
        1. Re: Yes - I remember a 35 year old woman telling me when I was 21 - Eamon on Aug 7, 2002, 4:02 PM
    2. That's a good point Steve. I've been This Way Before is another example - UK David on Aug 7, 2002, 1:22 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Site Meter

Neil Diamond fans have visited this board since 5/4/99.