Return to Index  

News of My Friend -- not Neil Related

August 11 2002 at 8:10 PM
Flame 
from IP address 68.82.48.160

Thank you so much for all your prayers! Merlene was moved to OB ICU this morning. Visiting is still restricted to family but I was able to talk to her by phone at 6 pm tonight. She asks for continued prayers as she is not out of the "woods" yet. They have been able to stabilize the bleeding some but she has pneumonia and they can't stabilize her electrolytes. She went into cardiac arrest but they were able to deal with that. However, as long as her electrolytes aren't stable there is still risk of another cardiac arrest. Apparently the trigger of this condition was the surgeon "nicked" an artery during the operation and her abdomen pooled with blood which started the DIC cascade. But she was in good spirits when I called and thanking everyone for their prayers. She wants to get home to her little baby, Gabrielle, who is beautiful and healthy.

In other news, my new puppy a little better too. She stayed awake for over 2 hours today at a time. As some of you know, she has pneumonia and was in the hospital for 4 days. We have to watch her for 2 weeks in case of relapse. But she is drinking and eating better now.

I feel like a big cloud has been lifted from over my head!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks or the update, Flame. - Joanne on Aug 11, 8:28 PM
  3. So Glad to Hear That Your Friend is Better. - Eydie on Aug 11, 8:36 PM
  5. thanks for the update flame - Lois on Aug 11, 8:37 PM
  7. Flame, glad Merlene is doing better and your puppy. Will keep all y'all in my prayers. - Rev Barbara on Aug 11, 8:41 PM
  9. Thank you - CherylH on Aug 11, 8:50 PM
  11. Thanks for the update, Flame... - Ginny G. on Aug 11, 10:24 PM
  13. It is always - Lin on Aug 11, 11:00 PM
  15. Oh, Flame - Beryl on Aug 12, 4:10 AM
  17. Flame, thank you for posting this. I have been thinking about your friend and - Jewelie on Aug 12, 4:41 AM
  19. Flame - Diamond Barb on Aug 12, 7:57 AM
  21. Flame, I was thinking about your friend - Anne on Aug 12, 12:02 PM
  23. Thanks Flame, this is good news - Sue UK on Aug 12, 3:24 PM
  25. Re: News of My Friend -- not Neil Related - Heartlight on Aug 12, 7:05 PM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Site Meter

Neil Diamond fans have visited this board since 5/4/99.