Return to Index  

I am so very sorry, Rosie ... and my heart goes out to you at this sorrowful time... and

August 23 2002 at 5:39 PM
Linda V 
from IP address 152.163.201.46

Response to Re: Breaker

like so many have already said here, there are no words of comfort to ease the pain of losing such a beloved family member as “Breaker”. A little over a year ago I had to make the decision to have my Persian cat, Taki, put down due to kidney failure; he was 14 years old at the time. I couldn’t even bear to let him go, but I knew that I had to because the choice was no longer mine, and he made his own decision to leave us. They say that animals ‘know’ when their time has come. The Vet asked if I wanted to stay with him for the euthanasia, and I just couldn’t bear to watch him ‘go’. I was given a private room and Taki was brought out to me for the last time. I held him, I talked to him, I hugged him, I kissed him and then I left. I just wanted to remember the wonderful memories of him alive, but I could see the ‘stillness’ in his eyes ... he knew better than I what his ‘fate’ was and he totally surrendered and accepted that his “Earth” time was finished.

But what has kept me ‘joyful’ is knowing that he is out of pain, he is at peace, and his spirit lives on forever ... with me. I now have another Persian cat, Luke, and in so many ways, I see the spirit of Taki in him. Just remember, Rosie, that when one door closes, another door opens.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you will finally surrender and ‘accept’ the inevitable ... that in our lifetimes, the chances are very great that a family pet will leave us. But I also know that nothing is ‘forever’ and the love that I have given Taki and he back to me will be returned again ... someday, somehow ... and so it will be with you and “Breaker” also.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. ", I see the spirit of Taki in him. " - Joanne on Aug 23, 2002, 5:59 PM
    1. Joanne, I can't explain this to you, but I can say with almost certainty that - Linda V on Aug 23, 2002, 6:16 PM

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Site Meter

Neil Diamond fans have visited this board since 5/4/99.