Return to Index  

Rosie, my thoughts, sympathies, and prayers are with you in the loss of Your Breaker.

August 23 2002 at 9:44 PM
Rev Barbara 
from IP address 68.12.108.85

Response to Re: Breaker

I know exactly how you feel. I lost our Cocker Spaniel, Kate, to Lymphoma Cancer in October 1996.

I have had dogs since I was 2.5 years old, many times more than one at a time, but Kate was the one who saved my life in 1993. She gave me artificial respiration doggy-style (licked me across the mouth and nose in one swipe to get me to take a breath) for 2.5 hours until my husband came home and took over the situation. She had kept me alive when I needed someone to but it hurt terribly when I couldn't do the same for her. The most I could do for her was stop the suffering, as you have had to do for Breaker.

Our Vet does something that brought a measure of healing for us and so we started doing it also. Whenever a pet under his care passes he makes a contribution in that Pet's honor to an Animal Health Research Foundation. A card was then sent to us from that Foundation saying that a Memorial had been made in their Honor. This gave me the idea to make a contribution to one of our local Pet Resuce Facilities in her name (and 8 months later her sister, Allie). It has always helped to know that other animals have benefited from their deaths as well as the benefit that I received from their lives. I don't know if it would help you as it did me to do something similar.

Breaker knew how much you loved him and will always be your Guardian Angel as well as with you in your thoughts and heart. It hurts terribly and always will but it will get easier to deal with as time goes on. Know that my thoughts are with you and I am praying for peace for you.

Shalom,
"Rev. Barbara"

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Site Meter

Neil Diamond fans have visited this board since 5/4/99.