The Poetry of Neil....(another work in progress......)August 30 2002 at 12:03 PM
|Rev. Bob |
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Our performer is magic, as he follows his dream,
The light of his mission of love on each of us does beam
Sometimes in the loneliness of our indifferent cold bed,
We know those dawns, when awakening we dread.
Life seems to much, it carries too much weight,
But in all such moments, Neil's artistry can relate.
His music becomes literally, our light in the storm,
His presence, his talent, making each of us warm
His impulse that connects with us, straight from his heart,
We remember in gratitude, a thankfulness never to depart.
He's more than an artist, who a venue or arena can fill,
He comes beckoning the best of us, within us hope can drill
Helping our tormented hearts to be quiet and still.
The effect on us all is lasting and permanent, never to fall
And each of us, everyone of us, can stand straight and tall.....
In his confessions, we see our shortcomings reflected,
And through his awesome, much of the bad is deflected....
A magic, a beauty, a confessional artist so profound,
We're open to his performance, his music each surrounds.
"Don't look down," He sings in his special way,
And suddenly "down here," we don't have to stay!!
Around us, beneath us, his music is heard by all,
Rich and poor, black and white, all together stand tall,
The bigoted terrible wall that separates us does fall.
Wave after wave, of pure shining delight,
Points to the wonderful fact that others we don't need to fight
In spite of whatever happens, the things that leave a scar,
We'll still dance to his tunes, that'll carry us far.
Hope springs eternal, in every longing hurtful breast;
With his melodies and lyrics, we'll aim for the best
The people who post here, day after day after day,
Realize, in our living, there is a better way,
And justice, mercy and love,will eventually carry the day
"I believe in happy endings," is not merely a nice song,
We realize at our best, to each other we belong..........
- Beautiful, once again. You are one of the best parts of this board. - nikki on Aug 30, 2002, 12:08 PM
- Hi nikki........ - Rev. Bob on Aug 30, 2002, 12:32 PM
- Keep writing! N/t - nikki on Aug 30, 2002, 12:56 PM
- Oh Rev! - Flame on Aug 30, 2002, 12:50 PM
- Oh Flame........ - Rev. Bob on Aug 30, 2002, 1:03 PM
- Hey Rev! - Flame on Aug 31, 2002, 11:51 PM
- As usual, Bob ...you never cease to amaze me with your talent , and - Heartlight (Linda V) on Aug 30, 2002, 1:01 PM
- Well, Heartlight(for you such ann appropriate handle!) - Rev. Bob on Aug 30, 2002, 1:06 PM
- Hey Rev Bob - Robert Leslie on Aug 30, 2002, 1:29 PM
- Hi Robert.......... - Rev. Bob on Aug 30, 2002, 1:40 PM
- Trust me, both Rev. Bob and Bob Leslie ... it has NOTHING to do - Heartlight (Linda V) on Aug 30, 2002, 1:52 PM
- Your poem - Gloria on Aug 30, 2002, 7:46 PM
- Thank you so much Gloria....... - Rev Bob on Aug 30, 2002, 8:26 PM