Return to Index  

On the other hand,

August 31 2002 at 1:49 PM
SB 
from IP address 68.97.47.193

Response to Sorry to hear that :)

at the age of 44, I was refused admittance to a club because I didn't have ID with me. The door didn't say you must have ID, it just said you must be over 21. I thought it was rather obvious that I was over 21!

I just sat on the windowsill and enjoyed the band from outdoors till a policeman came along and told the guy at the door to let me in. I did not spend any money there and the guy was a little embarrassed when all of the members of the band came to my table and hugged me during the break.

I suppose it IS true that one of my best friends from high school was becoming a grandmother around the time that Elijah was born, but I expect it to be many years before I am a grandmother!

My daughter's fifth grade teacher made the same mistake of asking me if I was her grandmother at back to school night. This was after ignoring our family as long as possible. I bit my tongue rather than saying the first thing that came to mind, but still, she treated my daughter badly all year. You can bet I complained to the principal and showed him all the homework papers that had correct answers marked wrong and notes home to parents with grammar and punctuation errors at the end of the year. I thought about asking to have her moved to another class early in the year, but my husband said she was going to have to learn to deal with prejudice at some time, and it was better to do so when you are young.

At least being asked if I am my children's grandparent is not as bad as the lady who wanted to know if my husband was my son. She must have been in serious need of new glasses.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: On the other hand, - Anonymous on Aug 31, 2002, 2:51 PM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Site Meter

Neil Diamond fans have visited this board since 5/4/99.