Return to Index  

Not really, but sometimes they don't get

September 14 2002 at 6:36 PM
Soma 
from IP address 65.129.139.150

Response to Anyone have problems with friends being jealous of Neil-friends?

what is important to me. I agree with those who advocate diversity, space and balance in friendships. Most of my real friends are happy I have the "Neil factor" in my life to comfort me, especially now, even though many have no interest in him. I would be equally happy if something in their life gave them the same meaning. When I'm with my non-Neil friends, we have plenty of common ground as I have other interests. I just don't get into Neil-related specifics over a prolonged time.
Having said all that, there is a very special bond that comes from the common vocabulary, experience and reaction to Neil's music that comes from being a life-long fan. That is perhaps why we fans can feel so comfortable even with relative strangers. And speaking from personal experience, our special bond certainly brings out the best in us when one of us is celebrating or having a crisis. I've certainly benefitted from both.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. That's what I'd expect from friends... - Ginny G. on Sep 14, 2002, 6:51 PM
  3. Soma... - Ginny G. on Sep 14, 2002, 6:56 PM
    1. You are a perfect example - Soma on Sep 14, 2002, 8:22 PM

4. ...If we buy the fact that Neil is a confessional artist....... - Rev. Bob on Sep 14, 2002, 7:15 PM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Site Meter

Neil Diamond fans have visited this board since 5/4/99.