Return to Index  

Disabled fan

July 3 2012 at 4:24 AM

from IP address 41.2.62.233

Dear Mr. Diamond

I write this letter to you in the great hope that it would e answered.Hello, my name is Pamela Gower. I was born without arms, Grade 4 Scoliosis in my back and two deformed legs.To crown all of this, they discovered a cancerous growth in my brain. Life has hit hard. The reason for my letter is my father. He is my hero , the reason for my existens. He recently found out that he has prostate cancer and a serious heart problem. Despite this he works very hard to pay, especially , for my medical bills. You are his and my favourite singer. When I was a baby, It was difficult to get me to sleep, but you helped. He started playing me your songs. I fell asleep to sounds like Shiloh, Canta Libre, Porcupine Pie,Morningside and so many more. Morningside has special meaning for me, as my dad is a carpenter by trade. "Morningside, an old man died....when he died , he left a table made of wood and pride.....for my children" It brings tears to my eyes and I think how ironic it is that lyrics of a song written by someone such along time ago with these words could have so much meaning and truth and be so profound for some like me, thousands of miles and continents away from the person who wrote it. The Jazz Singer is our favourite movie, I practically know the words off by heart.Your songs cheer me up, make me happy,sad and evokes every emotion possible. Though I am young,29, I love older music, I find it beautiful and ,real and uncorrupted. My father encouraged me to put my mind to good use and I am studying for my Masters degree in Law. My goal is to help other disabled people like myself, because , believe me, they need it in South Africa, where we live. Mr. Diamond, you have had such a wonderful effect and have been a part of our family. I have a small request, About five years ago, while we were moving house, my dad's box with his collection of cd's was stolen. In there were all your cd's , some memrobilia and the Jazz singer. It is his birthday on the 11th of July. The greatest gift for him would be to recieve something from his hero, Neill Diamond.If you can send him anything, I will be forever grateful and my dad, he will be in heaven. When you were in South Africa, I was sick and he stayed with me,also we could not afford the tickets, that would have been a dream come true but God lays out our paths for us. Please take my request in the spirit it was requested - that great men like my dad, get recognized by exceptional,fatastic,big men, like Neill Diamond. You are a gift -one of the greatest singer/songwriters and entertainers of all time.

Always a fan
Pamela Gower
pammygower@yahoo.com
=2782 487 0751

Address : P.O.BOX 978
Gonubie
East London
Eastern Cape Province
South Africa

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Site Meter

Neil Diamond fans have visited this board since 5/4/99.