Canadian M113 HistoryMarch 22 2012 at 8:51 PM
|Jason Bobrowich (Login jasonbobro)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
With the last of the Canadian M113s moving towards the scrap heap it would be interesting to try and document some of the history of the 1143 or so M113 series vehicles purchased by Canada over the years.
When were the first M113 APCs purchased for starters?
I think the first ones were purchased during 1965/1966. They would have been basic M113s with literally no Canadian modifications at all. They also may have had the C42 radios mounted and the applicable antennas. Can anyone confirm that? They for sure would have had the original track.
Can we list all the M113 variants used and any modifications specific to Canadian versions?
|This message has been edited by jasonbobro from IP address 126.96.36.199 on Mar 23, 2012 10:28 AM|
- M113 History - Paul Fredenburg on Mar 23, 2012, 12:07 PM
- History - Jason Bobrowich on Mar 24, 2012, 8:53 PM
- Very Good idea.... - Pete Hickey on Mar 24, 2012, 12:44 AM
- Lynx - Paul Fredenburg on Mar 24, 2012, 7:56 AM
- Barry Beldam- Canadian M113A1 Book - Jason Bobrowich on Mar 24, 2012, 8:56 PM
- M113 Proposals - Jason Bobrowich on Apr 4, 2012, 11:00 PM
- Carl Gustav Mount - Bob Ascah on Apr 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
- Thanks - Jason Bobrowich on Apr 10, 2012, 8:34 PM
- Weapons of War series - Clive M. Law on Apr 16, 2012, 3:23 PM