Return to Index  

Early variant smoke discharger pics

May 5 2012 at 12:53 AM
Ying Louie  (Login ylouie1)
from IP address 216.239.66.37

Response to Mid to late version turrets have the extreme angles

Hello everyone
Sorry Jason, I wasn't around when they installed the image intensifier on the turret. I perceived it was thermal. From the pics you provided as well I see from the shadows and prominence that it shows what looks like a single smoke bracket mounting.
Just to help clarify the questions. In my search l have found mostly mid and late existing versions for reference. I have been really digging deeply to find references for the ORIGINAL EARLY VARIANT. I was lucky that I had some pics I managed to take when I served back in the 80's. The first photo is a mid/late version with the double bracket to agree with YOUR questions. The following pictures are of my fellow comrades who served with me in the AVGP, including myself in the crew commander hatch. If you please all look closely to the smoke brackets you will find just one single bracket on the early variant.

I hope this helps so you put this to your model which ever the version you wish to build.
Last part I need to mention is that the Trumpeter kit provides two smoke discharger mountings. These position the smoke dischargers in different angles. I found the ones not mentioned in the instructions more accurate to the angles for an early version...

Best regards Ying

This is the MID/LATE VERSION you are all agreeing. You can see the double brackets.
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
This is from the summer exercises in 1989. This is an early version, with the anti aircraft sight on the turret, with Sgt Reese in the crew commander hatch. You can see even with the shadows that this is one bracket.
This is from the summer exercises in 1988. This is an early version, again with the anti aircraft sight on the turret, with Lt. Hearns in the turret. Again looking at the shadows you can see one bracket mounting the smoke dischargers.
This was from the fall of 1987. This is an early version again, with myself in the crew commander hatch. At a photo this close you can see only one bracket mounting the smoke dischargers.

This message has been edited by ylouie1 from IP address 216.239.66.37 on May 5, 2012 1:01 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Angle Issue - Jason Bobrowich on May 5, 2012, 2:26 PM
    1. Thanks I'll check - Ying Louie on May 5, 2012, 5:06 PM