RE: TLAVOctober 26 2012 at 4:38 PM
|Todd Miller (Login Armydude)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to Turret Options
Oddly enough, I have the BVM TLAV kit. I purchased it the minute I saw it's release. When opening the box, I was disstraught on the base kit they had chosen tho. They would have been better off to select an Academy series of M113. Not all is lost. My intention was to cast the turret, and use the new rubber track design to scratch build my own new tracks, that way I have multiple copies for additional "to do" projects. I wont give up on this venture.
In referance to your TLAV build:
I checked out your in-progress pics and your finished build as well. HANDS DOWN. Excellant build. Your execution was spot on. Loved the dusting and weathering applied. Nice touch w/ new aplique armor added.I have an avid interest in the M113 and what the Canadians have done to improve and alter it,is very interesting. Not to mention what it gives us ARMOR holics, projects to do and convert. Oh BTW, Im also purchasing the AFV issue that has your build article in it as well. Again OUSTANDING Gavin. Keep up the SUPPURB work.!!!
- Turret - Jason Bobrowich on Oct 26, 2012, 5:13 PM
- BAR ARMOR - Todd Miller on Oct 26, 2012, 5:49 PM
- pics? - Graeme Davidson on Oct 26, 2012, 9:48 PM
- Photo Etch Process - Todd Miller on Oct 27, 2012, 12:15 AM
- Re: RE: TLAV - Ian Smith on Oct 26, 2012, 5:16 PM
- Gavin? WTH? - C Sherman on Oct 26, 2012, 7:16 PM
- "G" Word - Todd Miller on Oct 26, 2012, 7:18 PM