Return to Index  

Constant Fluctuation

May 18 2017 at 10:58 AM
Bob Ascah  (Login India9B)
from IP address 67.193.181.115

Response to 4 CMBG

Doug
Your request covers a considerable timeframe and I don't believe that there is a single source document to draw on. From my time in 1984-1987 we had shortfalls from our war establishment in M577s and M548s that I can recall. I suspect that it was the same through all the brigade units and the shortfall was not limited to those vehicles but would have included almost all vehicles less such critical systems as Leopard C1, M109 and TOW. It would be necessary to review the monthly returns by units to HQ 4 CMBG and compile a list from that.
Note that Operational Stock (storage/reserve) was held by Canadian Forces Europe and was not part of the brigade holding and would not show in their returns. I am not aware of any dedicated rebuild fleet. I suspect that in the case of the M113 rebuild in the mid '80s, the program started with a handful of Operational Stock vehicles and as they came out of rebuild they were issued to individual units to replace the next batch going in. As such the battalion had a mixed M113A1 and M113A2 fleet for a number of years.

Bob

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement