<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Leopard C1 engine bay

October 23 2007 at 12:26 PM

Bob Read  (Login NebLWeffah)
from IP address 139.142.144.225

Hi;
I have Real Models excellent resin engine bay/power pack for my Canadian Leopard C1 build.

This one:
[IMG][/IMG]

Instructions in the box are sparse so I'm looking for online sources for photos of the engine compartment please, or if anyone has their own pics they'd like to share. Per the kit boxtop photo, I'm assuming everything is basically painted white but the devil is in the details so I'm looking for photos of this area so I can be as accurate as possible. I want to show the engine hatches opened up so I'd also like to know what they looked like too please.

Thanks for any assistance....

Bob

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim Carswell
(no login)

Pics

October 23 2007, 1:29 PM 

Hey, you did post here! Here's a few of C2 mostly, but same-same I would think.

Cheers,
Jim

Respond to this message   

Bob Read
(Login NebLWeffah)

Sweet........!

October 23 2007, 1:48 PM 

....thanks Jim!

So much for 'white overall'... What's with the different coloured head covers (name?) in the last pic? Different parts stocks ,aybe? That'll make for an interesting paint job.

cheers.
Bob

Respond to this message   
Jason Bobrowich
(no login)

Parts colouring

October 26 2007, 9:35 AM 

Yup, pretty standard to have different coloured parts on both new and rebuilt powerpacks.

Plug time- Don't forget to check out the new Issue 37 of AFV Modeller...Leopard C2 MEXAS "Superbeast" in Afghanistan by yours truly.

OK, time to get back to holidays in SE Asia(lots of military activity and vehicles to be seen in Taiwan...they expect at all times a potential invasion from mainland China...and that's no joke either)...next stop for me....Cambodia.

Respond to this message   

Bob Read
(Login NebLWeffah)

spare parts...

October 26 2007, 11:12 AM 

Hi Jason

Thanks for chiming in all the way from SE Asia, the level of military preparedness and readiness in Taiwan must be incredible...

I figured as much with the replacement parts, pretty much SOP in the militaries of the world. I have an AFV Modeller subscription so I'm looking forward to issue 37. Your article in MMI issue 18 on the Leopard is great too!

Enjoy your trip.

Bob

Respond to this message   
Pete Hickey
(no login)

Have a safe trip...

October 27 2007, 10:50 AM 

Jason,
Looking forward to reading the upcoming article, have a great trip, stay safe
Pete

Respond to this message   
Jason Bobrowich
(no login)

Thanks

October 30 2007, 9:52 AM 

I am now in Cambodia...just got back from the jungle. I was on a river boat yesterday for 5 hours and it felt like I was in "Apocolypse Now".

Hey, they still use M151A1 MUTTS here!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index