from IP address 69.247.218.143

Pics, stories, whatever?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim Carswell
(Login leopardC2)

Not too bad.

May 1 2012, 2:37 PM 

Only took the Marksman down, got advanced gold. Always a laugh with Charvat, and Mummey - who we thought wouldn't be there but showed up in a rental on Friday. Chicagoland beer night was great - Mrosko showing off his new gun acquisitions in his room, too bad we didn't stay longer. Good to see some friends but not enough time to visit with everybody. Mig's and Adam Wilder seminars were pretty good actually! I'll get my photos up hopefully this week.

Jim

Respond to this message   

Graeme Davidson
(Login gcdavidson)

Re: So how'd you guys do at AMPS?

May 1 2012, 2:49 PM 

Yep, pretty much what Jim said. My What-if both scored gold, my TUA got a silver.

Other modern Cancon at the show included a Grizzly, Coyote, and Leopard 2A6M CAN.

We took advantage of low beer costs and the one sunny day to park out on the picnic table with a case of Sam Adams. Plan was to have one or two, but before we knew it, the case was empty. Sadly this induced a 6 pm hangover and made the free-beer up that night less appealing (and I had endure the 'weak' Canadian taunts from my US buddies)

Overall, the quality of the show has greatlty improved since my last AMPS in 2001. There were at least 100, possibly 200 models of exceptionally high quality. I was really impressed, and honestly could have used another 3-4 hours of viewing time at the tables.

2014 show is at VMI, which is the same distance drive as Auburn, so I will plan to be there.

GD

Respond to this message   

Rob Feehan
(Login rfeehan)

Glad you guys enjoyed and congrats on the medals!

May 1 2012, 9:55 PM 

Wishing I hadn't missed it (as were all the KC crew) but almost everyone of us had scheduling "issues", new jobs, and other assorted challenges. Hoping to meet you guys at the next one.

Again congrats on the medals!

Rob

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index