<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tankograd has recently announced a book on the Leopard C1 in European service.

May 30 2012 at 3:25 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 64.235.102.2

Saw this news on PMMS. The book looks like a must have. Carl Shultze is the writer. I'd post a link if I knew how. Tankograd's also doing a book on modern Argentine armour that floats my boat. The cover has a picture of a Sherman with a modern mine roler thingy attached...weird and cool!

Cheers,
Roy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mark Mick
(Login markmick7)

Try This...

May 30 2012, 4:00 PM 

Hello Roy,
Try this!
http://perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/tankograd.html
Can't wait to get hold of this one, although sourcing in the States is spotty at best with RZM.com
HTH!
Mick

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Leo C1 Book

May 30 2012, 5:41 PM 

I believe you will be very impressed with the content of the book...Mums the word!

Respond to this message   
Graeme Davidson
(no login)

hope they are new pics!

May 30 2012, 9:07 PM 

Hopefully lots of pics we all haven't seen before on Combat Camera, Sentinel, etc.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Pics

May 30 2012, 10:04 PM 

I don't think Combat Camera was in action between 1977 and 1993 when the Leopards were in Germany.

There are many DND images of the Leopards in Germany that have never seen the light of day before. Lots of the pics should be from Germany military photo journalists.

Respond to this message   
Dan
(Login ACpilot1)

Link to purchase

May 31 2012, 8:13 PM 

Here is the link to Tankograd to purchase:

http://www.tankograd.com/cms/website.php?id=/en/Kanadische-Kampfpanzer-Leopard-C.htm

Some sample pages from the same website.

Dan

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   

(Login jasonbobro)

Very Good Book!

June 25 2012, 9:29 PM 

My copy of the book arrived today and it is pretty darn nice. There are lots of images I have never seen before.

I think those who purchase the book will appreciated the very different looks of the Leopard C1 in Germany over the years and just how dirty they got on exercises. Great pics showing the use of cam nets, winter cam, and mud cam.

Beyond the images the text includes pretty much everything you need to know about the Leopard C1 service in Germany.

Dust off your MLM / Trackjam Leopard C1 early and late conversions and get building.

Respond to this message   

(Login rfeehan)

Need the book

July 3 2012, 11:07 PM 

I still have a C1 late to do so I am looking forward to picking up a copy. LHS is watching for it for me so hopefully it won't be too long before I see it.

Thanks for confirming its a good book!

Respond to this message   

(Login ACpilot1)

Great Book!

July 14 2012, 11:01 AM 

Received my copy.

You have to fax your order to Germany by printing the website's order form - took about a week to arrive.

Great reference with many photos I have never seen before.

The first part of the book has a great deal of text with a lot of historical detail.

The end of the book also hints at a future volume dealing with the Canadian Leopard C2.

Dan

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Tankograd has recently announced a book on the Leopard C1 in European service.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index