<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1934 A series 20 dollar bill

March 3 2003 at 6:02 PM
No score for this post
Sid  (no login)

I recently received a 1934 A series 20 dollar bill and was wondering if it was worth more than the face value. It's in pretty good shape with four folds and no stains. Serial # b60334986a. It has an F77 printed on the front and on the back I noticed the #365.Any info would be appreciated.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Casey
(no login)

20 dollar bill

No score for this post
March 4 2003, 9:10 AM 

Where was it printed?

Casey
(no login)

20 dollar bill

No score for this post
March 4 2003, 9:12 AM 

In other words, B would anote Boston, etc...

Anonymous
(Login Paladin__)

Re: 20 dollar bill

No score for this post
March 4 2003, 6:38 PM 

Hi...all notes at that time were printed at Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington D.C.The "B" in front of the serial number indicates what Federal Resereve Bank these notes were printed for.The letter B indicate the Federal Reserve Bank on New York.

Paladin

Anonymous
(Login Paladin__)

Re: 1934 A series 20 dollar bill

No score for this post
March 4 2003, 6:34 PM 

Hi...your note with 4 folds, no tears ,no stains would grade VF which is very fine condion.It has a book value of around $25.Uncle Sam printed over 102 million.It is a common note collectors can find them easily.

Paladin

Sid
(no login)

20 dollar bill

No score for this post
March 5 2003, 10:35 AM 

Paladin-
Do you think it may be worth keeping or putting in the "mad money" pile for spending?
Sid.

Anonymous
(Login Paladin__)

Re: 20 dollar bill

No score for this post
March 5 2003, 5:47 PM 

Hi...that's a tough question ,saving it for an investment probably is not worth it.I would probably spend it or you may keep it for your kids or grand kids as a historic look at our past .This may make them interested in collecting currency and start them in this fascinating hobby.

Paladin

(no login)

i got 20$ series a

No score for this post
March 14 2003, 7:21 PM 

hey i was looking for information on mine it has Hawaii printed on the back takes up most of the note and also the face side has Hawaii on the left and right side it has no tears and only a fold on | and - so please respon to my E-mail if you would.

Anonymous
(Login Paladin__)

Re: i got 20$ series a

No score for this post
March 24 2003, 7:55 PM 

Hi...these notes were printed during the second world war to be used in Hawii in case the Japanese took over the island.These notes could then be made worthless by the US.
If this note has only a single fold with no tears,no stains and paper is crisp.Then this note would grade AU.Which means almost uncirculated.It would probably have a value of around $75-80.Certain serial numbers add a preimum to this value if you can give me those I can check my book.

Paladin

(no login)

I also have a 1934 A series $20 bill with Hawaii on it

No score for this post
August 17 2012, 4:57 PM 

The serial # is L86876903A says the Federal Resurve of Sanfrancisco California
could you give me an approx value thank you

Current Topic - 1934 A series 20 dollar bill
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Coins & Paper MoneyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement