<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

? about coin

June 2 2000 at 4:37 PM
No score for this post
Amanda  (no login)

My brother found a coin, with what looks like a buffalo on the front.But just the front half of it.Above it is what i believe is CEAAT.On the other side is two horses with a women behind them. Under them is the words copy. If you know what kind of coin this is could you please inform me. thank you.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kyle
(no login)

Ceaat coin

No score for this post
January 2 2008, 4:38 PM 

i've been trying to figure this out too, my wifes great uncle passed away, and he left the same coin for my wife... I know he was in WWI, so i'm thinking this is a foriegn currancy. just wondering if you've foun any answers yet.

Karen
(no login)

we have the same coins

No score for this post
May 24 2008, 11:17 AM 

We were recently cleaning out my father-in-laws tool box and came across two of the "ceaat copy" coins. I'm wondering if they are middle eastern. I've never come across anything like them.

Joanne
(no login)

Ceaat coin

No score for this post
July 1 2008, 12:43 AM 

I also have two coins like you described. Do you have any more information about them? Thanks, Joanne

Kyle
(no login)

ceaat coin

No score for this post
July 1 2008, 7:58 PM 

no, everyone i've talked to online has been kind of stumped, i may just take it in to an expert and try to find out. Really kind of running out of options, if you find anything out please let me know, i'll return the favor.

holly
(no login)

ceaat coin

No score for this post
November 25 2008, 4:05 PM 

I found out that the coin is an acient greek coin. It has a man,chariot,and ahorse such as the olympics in greece or pegasus. thats what my teacher told me. But, if it says copy its fake it could be worth $445.000.

Zdogg
(no login)

same coin

No score for this post
April 29 2008, 8:57 AM 

I also have the same coin, my aunt found it when she was working as a bank teller someone had misplaced it in a roll of queaters

Kyle
(no login)

Me too

No score for this post
July 20 2008, 10:51 PM 

I also have one of these Ceaat coins, anyone have any clue as to what they might be yet?

darrick
(no login)

me too

No score for this post
August 1 2008, 12:31 AM 

i found one too at my great grand-fathers house. he was in world war two. maybe it is really really expensive

Steve Rohr
(no login)

CEAAT (COPY) COIN

No score for this post
December 2 2008, 9:33 AM 

This coin is a copy of the Greek coin the river-god Gelas. It originates from 490 to 475 BC in Gela, Sicily.

James
(no login)

CEAAT coin

No score for this post
March 19 2009, 10:58 AM 

So if it says copy it is not worth anything?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Coins & Paper MoneyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement