<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Statement from Mazur Family Re: Bakery Closing

September 20 2013 at 12:48 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
John C. Mazur  (Login jcm456)

Hello and good day to you all,

I am John C. Mazur, son of the former owner of Mazur's Bakery. My family is very aware of all the press surrounding the closing of our heritage bakery and we would like to speak on behalf of the event. Though we understand publications have spoken about the sudden closing, we never had a chance to formally submit a statement about the bakery my family has operated for so long. Below is a news release that my family has written and sent to various publications and news outlets in the surrounding area. We feel it is important to express our thoughts on the closing and hope you better understand our perspective on the subject. Thank you so much for being a part of our business. It truly means the world to us.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 20, 2013

ORIGINAL MAZUR’S BAKERY OWNERS SPEAK TO NEWS OF BAKERY’S ABRUPT CLOSING

Lyndhurst, New Jersey - September 20, 2013 – Mazur’s Bakery, which was sold by its original owners in 2003 after 66 years of family operation, was closed as a result of the new owner’s failure to comply with local health department standards.

"Our family created an iconic presence in Lyndhurst that was a point of pride for residents and a destination for visitors," says John Mazur Jr., whose family owns the building property and is preparing this space for future use. "The operation of the bakery ending this way is unexpected and deeply painful for us. And, of course, it is the height of injustice that not only did their neglect damage our reputation, we are left to cleaning up the mess they left."

John J. Mazur, Sr. who took the operation over from his father in 1956, was distraught when he heard the news of the closing: "I am sincerely disappointed to see that after a short period of ten years, the reputation I worked so hard to build and pass on has unfortunately deteriorated." Prior to selling the business, Mazur’s Bakery was voted the number one bakery in New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly, a status the Mazurs are hoping to restore.

"We are seeking a competent and code-compliant operator that will meet Mazur’s high expectations as well as create a strong and responsible business that gives back to the Lyndhurst community," says Mazur, Jr. "We are grateful to all of our old time customers who’ve supported the bakery throughout the years. Additionally, we appreciate to the town of Lyndhurst for making Mazur’s an integral part of the community, and we are committed to finding and operator who will uphold our expectations for years to come."

###

Media Contact
Tel: 201-438-2922
Email: jjmazur@verizon.net

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login MagicFountain)

Re: Statement from Mazur Family Re: Bakery Closing

Score 5.0 (1 person)
September 20 2013, 12:50 PM 

bravo

bababuoy
(Login takemeout)

No score for this post
September 20 2013, 3:24 PM 

well said

Anonymous
(Login Had_Enuff)

No score for this post
September 20 2013, 6:05 PM 

Very well stated.. Sad to see such a once proud store now closed. All due to incompetence.. I feel sorry for the original Mazur family. We know this isn't on you but on the new owners.. Sad indeed.

VoteLyndhurst
(Login VoteLyndhurst)

No score for this post
September 21 2013, 6:27 PM 

Was good when Mr Mazur owned it.

LyndhurstWebSite
(Login LyndhurstWebSite)

No score for this post
September 21 2013, 11:37 PM 

Posted John C. Mazur's letter to the editor page herehttp://lyndhurst.homestead.com/letter-to-editor.html

Thanks to John C. Mazur for posting it on the Lyndhurst message board. It will be seen by many.

This message has been edited by LyndhurstWebSite on Sep 21, 2013 11:38 PM

poundadeesalt
(Login poundadeesalt)

poundadeesalt

No score for this post
February 5 2014, 2:06 PM 

did any stores open there yet? A new bakery would be the best.

Ceegull
(Login hemlockfarms)

New Bakery

Score 5.0 (1 person)
July 5 2017, 7:11 PM 

i went to the new Bakery and I did not find it very delectable....many empty cases....and the "goodies" I did buy were nothing to write home about! It was great when Mr. Mazur owned the Bakery...my sister and I would always buy some delicious jelly donuts or Crullers after Church. But really, my Bakery is the famous Lyndhurst Pastry Shop...all of the cakes and cookies and goodies are fabulous as is their famous Italian Ices.

Anonymous
(Login jonnyganova)

Re: New Bakery

No score for this post
July 6 2017, 11:26 AM 

Wow. That's amazing. It's decay is like the same as The Giangeruso and diMaggio duo since the good old days. Thanks for sharing. Finally an easy way to explain the decline of Lyndhurst because the bakers blow and are corrupt. Thanks man.

LyndBystander
(Login LyndBystander)

yep, how pathetic for you

No score for this post
July 7 2017, 1:14 PM 

As for me, I liked Mazur's a lot and I enjoyed SugarFlake too! I also enjoy the Lyndhurst Pastry Shop (best Italian Ices around!) and I admire Giangeruso and the new team as well. Guess I am happy and you are not. To even turn the talk of a bakery into your hatred is bad news in my book. How pathetic for you.

Anonymous
(Login hemlockfarms)

Re: New Bakery

No score for this post
July 10 2017, 9:17 PM 

I certainly did not make my post to encourage such a horrible Post to appear. You should be ashamed of yourself whoever you are. Certainly, no one will be proud of you who knows you....

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lyndhurst Website on Twitter Lyndhurst Classifieds LHS Class Alumni Information and Privacy Policy
Lyndhurst NJ News New Jersey News