<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Giangeruso hides cuts from employees by holding 10am budget hearing on June 23

May 30 2017 at 11:46 PM
No score for this post

Just Asking  (Login EdithB)

The mayor promised a "transparent" government during the campaign.

Now he is holding the public hearing on the budget at 10am on a workday. Employees can't attend and the public can't attend.

Why won't the mayor schedule a budget hearing at a better time for a transparent government? I hear they are cutting millions from the budget, and that will affect everyone.

Oh.....

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

AnnonUSA
(Login AnnonUSA)

Re: Giangeruso hides cuts from employees by holding 10am budget hearing on June 23

No score for this post
May 31 2017, 12:30 AM 

Hopefully someone will get the details and we can put them out to the public here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two kinds of men who never amount to much: those who cannot do what they are told and those who can do nothing else. (Cyrus H. Curtis)

---------------------------------------
“We’re going to bring Lyndhurst back.” re-Elected Mayor Robert Giangeruso (12 years of trying)

Anonymous
(Login CuriousBarkai)

Just asking.

No score for this post
May 31 2017, 9:48 AM 

Why aren't these meeting recorded & then either aired on public access or the internet like other towns? I'm a resident who works very long hours & it would be very helpful if they were..

Anonymous
(Login EdithB)

Re: Just asking.

No score for this post
May 31 2017, 10:20 AM 

The meetings are recorded.

The issue is the Commissioners avoiding most questions before they vote on the budget.

I hope the Giangeruso Administration doesn't expect the people to accept listening to recordings after they vote at meetings.

Anonymous
(Login EdithB)

Re: Just asking.

No score for this post
May 31 2017, 10:22 AM 

I think they should encourage employees to attend this budget hearing during working hours like the new Commissioners had many town employees attend the hours worktime festivities for their swearing in. They should do the same with the budget.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lyndhurst Website on Twitter Lyndhurst Classifieds LHS Class Alumni Information and Privacy Policy
Lyndhurst NJ News New Jersey News