<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lyndhurst Celebration

June 19 2017 at 7:16 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login LittleLady555)

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/bergen/lyndhurst/2017/06/16/lyndhurst-centennial-celebration-planned-september-mayor-insists/401627001/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login mayorparty)

Re: Lyndhurst Celebration

No score for this post
June 19 2017, 9:21 AM 

"We're in the process of putting a committee together and some ideas include parade floats, a yearbook, antique and classic cars, bands and other entertainment. Maybe we can do a block dance in different sections of town too," Giangeruso said this week.

So Mayor Giangeruso was available to the press to discuss the details of a stupid town celebration, but the mayor had no comment and hid from the press when they asked questions about his illegal school plan.

"Look everybody! An antique car!!! Don't you even think about how my team lied to you about schools, transparency, and more!"

Oh Mayor Giangeruso, what are you going to do to fix our schools like you promised??!!!

Anonymous
(Login celebratelyndhurst)

Re: Lyndhurst Celebration

No score for this post
June 19 2017, 10:52 AM 

Oh wow...I would love to help with the celebration...do you know if they need part time volunteers?

let me know and Thank you! ;)

Anonymous
(Login mayorparty)

Follow the money...

No score for this post
June 19 2017, 11:29 AM 

Witness everyone, the Giangeruso communications strategy: ignore valid and important questions by focusing people's attention with party planning posts from "the people". The people living in the corner house on tontine and pine, sure, but who else?

DiMaggio and the mayor spent over $2.5 million of the money the borrowed to build the school they can't legally build. So if they can't build it, where did over $2 million in debt get spent?

Of course they want to spend the summer talking about 100 year celebrations. Yeah will Bobby and Tommy had no problem cancelling it before the election on the real anniversary. But now it's so important to discuss.

They have a celebration as the township burns. So Giangeruso and DiMaggio.

Anonymous
(Login mayorparty)

Re: Follow the money...

No score for this post
June 19 2017, 11:34 AM 

"The town bonded $50 million for the junior high construction in 2016, paying $2.5 million toward the down payment, CFO Bob Benecke said. In the commissioners' newly introduced township budget, of the $475,000 in township capital, none is going to the school's construction, Benecke added.
A ground breaking was held in October of last year at Matera Field where the commissioners and school board representatives held shovels and donned hardhats with a bulldozer as a backdrop."

"Last November, voters approved a $19.8 million proposal to renovate and expand Lyndhurst High School, along with five elementary buildings.
In March, the Board of Commissioners selected DiCara Rubino Architects as the lowest bidder at nearly $2.28 million for design services for the junior high and $255,000 for designing the renovations to Lyndhurst High School.
Lawyers for the township and school board were not available at press time."

The record News
June 18 2017

Millions spent in what?! Now I see why they are holding this year's budget meeting at 10am on June 23. They don't want the public there. They just want to herd us to another park party.

Lyndhurst History
(Login LyndhurstHistory)

Celebration

No score for this post
June 19 2017, 7:30 PM 

I was quoted in the article that appeared in the Record. As the Historical Society President, and one who attended many of the mayor's meeting on the parade for months before it was cancelled, I have to at least set the record straight. The parade was scheduled for the last weekend in April. Anniversary is officially May 13th. Terms are up May15th. With the current political climate in this town, how would a parade have looked? Was the parade budgeted for last year? Probably not. Who voted it down? It was voted on in the private caucus. I was told the vote was 3-1-1 with 3 no votes 1 yes and 1 abstention. Who voted what.? I don't have that information. Just an FYI the 50th was held in June 1967 was a 3 day event (6,7,8) I have a program in our archives of the events that took place. The 75th anniversary parade, which was held in October 1992. Probably for he same reason (not initially budgeted). My suggestion ( way back over two years ago) was to combine it with an event like Music Under the Stars. Why shell out money for two events. It could just be part of the activities of another event. I would like a parade / celebration and the town deserves one but not at the expensive of our children's education. However to blame it on two people is not accurate either. Respectfully, Scott Ackerson

AnnonUSA
(Login AnnonUSA)

LyndhurstHistory

No score for this post
June 19 2017, 8:30 PM 

What you are really saying, is that given the timing and the kinds of people that were in Town hall and seeking reelection, that it was not possible to have a 100 year township celebration parade without it becoming a political campaign for the Pride Candidates.

I agree, there is no way that Giangeruso and DiMaggio could have had a bipartisan fun celebratory event without using it for personal and political gain. The Centennial only happens once, the town could have pulled it off with a little planning.
Giangeruso and DiMaggio and the other commissioners were clearly not up to the task.

LOL.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two kinds of men who never amount to much: those who cannot do what they are told and those who can do nothing else. (Cyrus H. Curtis)

---------------------------------------
“We’re going to bring Lyndhurst back.” re-Elected Mayor Robert Giangeruso (12 years of trying)

Anonymous
(Login Hifiver)

Re: LyndhurstHistory

No score for this post
June 23 2017, 12:59 PM 

Good for you, Scott. We can all see how your words were spun all the way around the shop-rite park and back again. No questions why no one uses this blog for anything meaningful. Just one asbwipe playing stupid games.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lyndhurst Website on Twitter Lyndhurst Classifieds LHS Class Alumni Information and Privacy Policy
Lyndhurst NJ News New Jersey News