<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

lynd train station

June 19 2017 at 1:43 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login sheisntfoolinganyone)

just wondering what the status of the station is, are there going to be any renovations or new businesses going in there anytime soon? still a terrible shame what a terrible state of disrepair one of the oldest buildings in town has become; a true eyesore. I know the losing ticket had some plans on this for their platform , but does anyone know if giangeruso or dimaggio have any plans on this ?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

AnnonUSA
(Login AnnonUSA)

Re: lynd train station

No score for this post
June 19 2017, 8:18 PM 

I believe the plan is for them to wish really hard that someone comes and wants to develop the place. That was their "plan" during the High School forum to revitalize the business center on Stuyvesant Ave. If either DiMaggio or Giangeruso buy a stake in the place, it will be developed, otherwise it can become a crack house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two kinds of men who never amount to much: those who cannot do what they are told and those who can do nothing else. (Cyrus H. Curtis)

---------------------------------------
“We’re going to bring Lyndhurst back.” re-Elected Mayor Robert Giangeruso (12 years of trying)

Anonymous
(Login sheisntfoolinganyone)

No score for this post
June 20 2017, 10:38 AM 

yea the building is in a severe state of disrepair. there was a fire there years ago i want to say 10 years ago or more. was never repaired. its a shame, i think that is one of the reasons they couldnt get a developer to do something with the space.

just so many folks use the train i feel it is such a lost revenue spot in town. Whether it is a newspaper bagel or a coffee.....

sadly with this current administration i dont think they will do dick with the property.

Anonymous
(Login publicadvocate)

Average Score 5.0 (2 people)
June 20 2017, 12:42 PM 

Well folks, consider this before you are too hard on them...

I don't think anyone in the ruling 4 is much beyond having a high school degree. They wouldn't know economic planning from adding an illegal addition to one of their houses. And in addition to their ignorance, this crew, with the backing of Lyndhurst's ruling class of lowbrows, knows nothing about building schools or development as is obvious from recent events.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lyndhurst Website on Twitter Lyndhurst Classifieds LHS Class Alumni Information and Privacy Policy
Lyndhurst NJ News New Jersey News