Cultivating the mixed voice (mixing head in)January 3 2008 at 7:56 AM
|BabyTenor (Login BabyTenor)|
Could someone please explain to me how the mixed voice works?
By mixed voice, I mean mixing head voice into chest voice, particularly in high registers.
What are some exercises for cultivating this mixed voice?
I'm asking because after years of pushing upwards and taking weight up to the top I've started with a new teacher who says I need to use a more mixed tone to avoid forcing. I have also realised that this is something that many other tenors have that I don't, and is something that I really want.
I'm a lyric tenor of sorts, with more of and anglo-germanic sound than italianate. The singers with the sort of sound I want to cultivate include Peter Schreier, Philip Langridge, Bruce Ford,
Nikolai Gedda to name a few.
Thanks in advance for your help,
- Excellent - Mylio on Jan 3, 2008, 8:33 AM
- Re: Cultivating the mixed voice (mixing head in) - Fiesco53 on Jan 3, 2008, 9:41 AM
- Nice comments by Mylio and if you do a search, you will find lots of ideas - TS on Jan 3, 2008, 10:00 AM
- some thoughts - sleepisinger on Jan 3, 2008, 10:06 AM
- the trick - Italian Tenor on Jan 4, 2008, 6:08 AM