The New Forum for Classical Singers

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Most effective way to use your lesson recordings?

November 16 2007 at 5:17 PM

Blue Yonder Soprano  (Login blueyondersoprano)
NFCS Member

I've seen suggestions on other threads, but I'd like to get more of your thoughts on what is the most effective way to learn from one's lesson recordings. What do you find most helpful? Listening to it start to finish? Or just focusing on certain parts of the lesson? Listening while you're actually practicing, or outside of your practice time (like while you're commuting)? Do you try to go over the recording several times before your next lesson, or is once or twice enough?

I know these might be basic questions, but I'm trying to structure my learning and practice time more effectively, so am curious about what other people do.

Blue Yonder Soprano (still trying to get up the nerve to press play on her recording from this week's hair-raising lesson...I'll do it, though...)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Zwischen
(Login Zwischen)
NFCS Regular

Listen and take notes.

November 16 2007, 5:20 PM 

Time consuming, but it works for me.

Respond to this message   
bklyn
(Login bklynmezzo)
NFCS Member

agreed

November 16 2007, 5:25 PM 

I listen and take notes (when I'm good about it!)... I don't feel the need to listen more than once after I've taken notes. I can just refer to the notes if I need to... but I'm sure it's different for everyone.

Respond to this message   

Anonymous
(Login donnanna)
NFCS Member

i listen on the ride home...

November 17 2007, 6:44 AM 

and on the ride to my next lesson

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

All posts are © their original authors.