QBasic / QB64 Discussion Forum      Other Subforums, Links and Downloads

Return to Index  

Annoying Facts About the ChatRoom

August 24 2005 at 4:52 AM
Mac  (Premier Login iorr5t)
Forum Owner

Response to How to use the chatroom - How to stay loggin in

The chatroom is like a public restroom in a train station. Anyone can enter and write whatever they want on the walls.

Nothing can really be done about bawdy activity such as someone assuming your name and posting insults and false beliefs on your behalf. Unacceptable threats, etc., are untraceable. It is exactly as if you see the following on a restroom wall "I'm going to kill Bill Gates for not supporting QBasic. Signed: President George Bush".

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

Good advice. If you don't like what is going on in the chatroom, simply exit. Nobody requires you to see that crap.

Actually, I see no point in simply chatting. I would recommend getting off of the internet and writing some QBasic programs. The purpose of the chatroom is to allow some interactive discussion of a QBasic problem as opposed to the purpose of the forum: to allow extended discussion where a question is asked on day one and answered on day two.

But anyway, the bottom line is that you use the chatroom at your own risk of sanity and I request not to be notified of any shenanigans. I prefer to ignore the chatroom and anyway I can do nothing about anything that goes on there.

Mac

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement