Valid points on organization chaosMarch 1 2012 at 2:56 PM
No score for this post
Response to SSA Elite (why it won't work)
I want SSA to be successful. My child is not impacted by ECNL or driving to Anniston which seems to be the worry of many on this forum. Instead, I worry about increasing player fees and the loss of experienced top coaches. The lack of organization structure has SSA floundering and the club can't move forward when its unclear who is suppose to make decisions.
Basic business you have to define roles and fill with the most qualified people. This is a not-for-profit org. and yet on the website they have 37 people on staff of which 22 have "director" in their title!!! That sounds expensive to me. It also sounds like 22 people are in charge and trying to lead a handful of troops. How will this impact future player fees when you are paying this many directors?
If SSA cant figure out their structure then they are going to lose coaches. Competing clubs are smart. They know the best way to hurt SSA is to grab their top coaches! So if my fees go up and my child's team is handed to a less experienced coach then I am going to another club. Those conversations start now not in May. So SSA if you have any smarts quickly get rid of some of these directors.. select your leadership team from the most qualified people contract in your best coaches and provide your parents with a coaching plan in March so they settle down and stop worrying about fall tryouts!
- It's controled chaos. - Anonymous on Mar 1, 3:03 PM
- Looks like they have around the same number as Charlotte Soccer Academy - Anonymous on Mar 1, 5:24 PM
- Bigger - Anonymous on Mar 1, 7:53 PM
- re: Valid points on organization chaos - Anonymous on Mar 1, 5:31 PM
- Just because someone is given the title 'director' doesn't mean they get paid much? - Anonymous on Mar 1, 5:51 PM
- The funny part - Anonymous on Mar 1, 7:54 PM
- exactly - Anonymous on Mar 2, 7:51 AM
- Re: exactly - Anonymous on Mar 2, 8:11 AM
- not their first rodeo? - Anonymous on Mar 2, 9:05 AM
- Re: not their first rodeo? - Anonymous on Mar 2, 3:06 PM
- Re: The funny part - Anonymous on Mar 2, 8:06 AM