Back to Home Page  

Racist

March 1 2012 at 8:47 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

Response to Re: Someone Pull the Race Card

It's so tiresome to listen to the never ending rants about it all coming down to race. Simply put, it's not race, it's behavior. I know of no black athletes at Georgia arrested for putting potatoes in their pants. If they did, they should be arrested like this girl was. Just like she should be arrested if she smoked dope, raped someone, drove drunk, beat the crap out of other students, or any of the myriad of other crimes Georgia football players, many of whom happen to be black, have been caught committing in the past several years. This is the first crime I've heard about committed by a female soccer player at Georgia-- perhaps you can point us to some others. But unless you can, if you look at the crime record for Georgia athletes, the facts speak for themselves... and if those facts "condition" our perception, then so be it. If someone keeps a vicious dog, and every time you walk past, it bites at you, eventually you become "conditioned" to anticipate the attack...the "logic' of your argument would appear to be suggesting that anticipating the attack is somehow wrong. Further there's no dispute that the crime was committed, so I don't really understand your comment about false arrests. Even taking false arrests out of the equation, in the case of Georgia football players there is an ample record to provide a reasonable basis for some of your "conditioning".

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement