Re: Messi and JordanMarch 8 2012 at 12:49 PM
No score for this post
Response to Messi and Jordan
Jordan's career was in two parts - First he was terrific athlete in college that did very well but not great because his skills were not sharp (only average shooting and ball handling skills). He likely was also constrained by Dean Smith's rigid coaching style. Since he has always been very competitive, in his second career (as a pro) he worked very hard to improve his skills. But even then, it was his athleticism that allowed him to get open shots more easily than others and that allowed him to play defense well.
Messi, on the other hand, is all about skills. He does not have great strength, size or speed. But his abilities with the ball are simply amazing.
In my mind, there is no comparison.
- Messi's speed with the ball is very good. Also, his strength is better than he gets - anon on Mar 8, 2012, 1:02 PM
- He doesn't push through physical play at all - Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012, 1:58 PM
- Nobody said he never gets knocked down. Like any other player, you pick and chose when to - Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012, 2:34 PM
- Re: Messi and Jordan - Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012, 3:04 PM
- Similarities - Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012, 3:38 PM