Back to Home Page  

Yes, they do.

March 13 2012 at 9:22 AM
No score for this post
Anon 

Response to Re: ECNL "B" division

Especially if a player has contacted a coach. There are many elite players at these events. Every team probably has a standout regardless of weather they are playing in flight A or B. Likely, the top college programs already know where to find a particular player, who may or may not be playing flight A. These players have accomplishments outside of their ECNL team (whether it's ODP, all region, an award based on their high school play, or ECNL recognition based on their ECNL play).

It seems as if everyone believes that every soccer player that wants to play in college wants to play D1 at UNC or Stanford. Some players will do better academically at a smaller school, and make a decision based on this (did you know that the academic ratio for a D2 scholarship is actually more stringent than they are or D1?). They may decide that they will get more play time at a D2 school. After all, college is pretty much the end of the road for almost every girl. So, if soccer and academics are important, a D2 school could be the best fit.

ECNL is one avenue for a soccer scholarship. Who knows if it will become increasingly important to play ECNL in the future as the league grows, coaches want to maximize their recruiting dollars, and more players go to ECNL teams. No matter what, I would think they will still recruit outside of ECNL, but the question is whether playing ECNL will be the best opportunity to be seen.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. What is the 'academic ratio' and how are DI and DII different? - Anonymous on Mar 13, 9:29 AM
    1. Academic ratios - Anonymous on Mar 13, 10:18 AM
      1. Re: Academic ratios - Anonymous on Mar 13, 10:34 AM
        1. Is there something wrong with the system if you now need ECNL to have best chance to play - Anonymous on Mar 13, 10:50 AM
          1. I asked this exact question to a scout at a ECNL event - Anonymous on Mar 13, 1:34 PM
            1. Do DII schools start their recruiting these days at ECNL now also? - Anonymous on Mar 13, 2:11 PM
        2. Um, I've looked at a few of those listed schools for my kid- & they SUCK - Anonymous on Mar 13, 7:00 PM
          1. Re: Um, I've looked at a few of those listed schools for my kid- & they SUCK - Anonymous on Mar 13, 7:55 PM

2. Thanks - r3pler on Mar 13, 9:48 AM
    1. Re: Thanks - Anonymous on Mar 13, 10:22 AM
      1. You can choose to ignore the league which could well be the future of the girl's soccer. - Anonymous on Mar 13, 11:35 AM
        1. How do you make a choice based on reality if none of us knows where the league will be in - Anonymous on Mar 13, 12:06 PM
          1. Talk to parents from the teams your daughter might want to play on. - Anonymous on Mar 13, 1:17 PM
            1. If you don't want to play college soccer why would you want to move teams? - Anonymous on Mar 13, 2:16 PM
              1. Actually, that's what I was saying. - Anonymous on Mar 13, 2:39 PM

3. Will it be mainly DI coaches that come to watch these standout players you mention - Anonymous on Mar 13, 9:57 AM
    1. Who knows? - Anonymous on Mar 13, 11:47 AM
    2. Some kids are just going to do better at a smaller school - Anonymous on Mar 13, 1:47 PM
      1. Are D II schools always smaller than DI - Anonymous on Mar 13, 2:26 PM
        1. No - Anonymous on Mar 13, 2:50 PM
        2. Re: Are D II schools always smaller than DI - Anonymous on Mar 13, 5:20 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement