Back to Home Page  

Need advice on dealing with a coach situation ....Please, only serious responses

April 3 2012 at 8:59 AM
No score for this post
Shocked 

Let me begin by saying that my child is NOT the best player on the club team. In the top five for sure though.

Here is the situation: My child attended a college camp last summer and apparently impressed the coaching staff at the college. After reciving an email, asking that we come for a visit, we visit the college and are given a good feeling about the situation. While the coach never gave us a dollar amount for a scholarship at that time, he did say that he felt that we woul be very pleased with the offer and that he wanted to talk with the club coach before extending an official offer. Miraculously, the Club Coach's favorite player from the team then goes to the same college for a visit the next week. We then receive a disappointing offer from the college. Turns out that after talking with another family on our team, that the same thing has happened to their player. This Club coach is promoting his favorite player very hard, at the expense of the families that are searching on their own. How should we approch this?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. First of all, that really stinks - Anonymous on Apr 3, 9:23 AM
    1. Re: First of all, that really stinks - Anonymous on Apr 3, 9:57 AM
    2. Re: First of all, that really stinks - Anonymous on Apr 3, 9:57 AM
      1. Re: First of all, that really stinks - Anonymous on Apr 3, 10:08 AM
        1. Not a lot of money is available - Anonymous on Apr 3, 10:30 AM
        2. Not a lot of money is available - Anonymous on Apr 3, 10:32 AM

2. The Dilemma - Observer from FL on Apr 3, 9:56 AM
    1. I am the OP - Shocked on Apr 3, 10:22 AM
      1. Re: I am the OP - Anonymous on Apr 3, 10:41 AM
        1. Yes, I see your point. - Shocked on Apr 3, 11:13 AM
          1. Re: Yes, I see your point. - Anonymous on Apr 3, 11:49 AM
            1. We have 2 offers, that the club coach is un-aware of - Shocked on Apr 3, 11:53 AM
              1. Sounds like you are overrating your kid and being paranoid about things you can't control. - Anonymous on Apr 3, 9:31 PM
      2. Sounds Like Campbell Chapman - Anonymous on Apr 3, 11:06 AM
    2. Let me get this straight - Observer from FL on Apr 3, 11:18 AM
      1. Dont twist the words... if you dont get the point, please move on. - Shocked on Apr 3, 11:42 AM
        1. Twist the words? Sounds like a verbatim recap. - Anonymous on Apr 3, 12:05 PM

3. The problem is... - Gwinnett Soccer Guru on Apr 3, 10:40 AM
  5. Are you saying you think a college should be off limits to other team mates once - Anonymous on Apr 3, 11:11 AM
    1. Didnt say that at all.... - Shocked on Apr 3, 11:16 AM
      1. Re: Didnt say that at all.... - Anonymous on Apr 3, 11:22 AM
        1. A certain percentage of the tuition was implied - Shocked on Apr 3, 11:49 AM
      2. Re: Didnt say that at all.... - Anonymous on Apr 3, 11:39 AM
        1. You are correct. Thanks for seeing one of the poiints clearly. - Shocked on Apr 3, 11:50 AM
          1. Pat on the back and medal deserved! - Anonymous on Apr 3, 8:03 PM

6. Several in state schools still have full scholarships available - Anonymous on Apr 3, 11:18 AM
    1. You are trying to be gender neutral - Anonymous on Apr 3, 11:47 AM
      1. Some institutions have 14 to 18 scholarships for female athletes - Anonymous on Apr 3, 11:54 AM
      2. Wow, do you want a medal or just a pat on the back? - Anonymous on Apr 3, 12:02 PM
      3. Thank you Sherlock Holmes! - Anonymous on Apr 5, 9:05 PM

7. Been there done that... Here's my advice - Anonymous on Apr 3, 1:13 PM
    1. Thanks for your understanding comments - Shocked on Apr 3, 1:31 PM
      1. If you say YES to question 2 - Confused on Apr 3, 4:38 PM
        1. Valid points, but all things have been considered - Shocked on Apr 3, 4:47 PM
          1. Ok, well - your in a - Anonymous on Apr 3, 6:45 PM

8. Cream rises to the top. - Anonymous on Apr 3, 1:24 PM
  10. Life lessons... - Anon on Apr 3, 1:26 PM
    1. Easy to say... but the kid loves soccer... - Shocked on Apr 3, 1:35 PM
      1. OP are you delusional? - ANON on Apr 3, 2:30 PM
        1. Re: OP are you delusional? - ANON on Apr 3, 2:41 PM
          1. Drag you thru it.... no names of clubs, coach, or college mentioned. - Anonymous on Apr 3, 2:43 PM
            1. This post was awesome while it lasted - Anonymous on Apr 3, 2:48 PM
              1. Thank you, but its time to end due to the childish responses that are entering now. - Shocked on Apr 3, 2:53 PM
        2. You are assuming a lot of things that I did not state - Shocked on Apr 3, 2:51 PM
          1. Really - Not so Shocked on Apr 3, 3:53 PM
            1. Great response - Anonymous on Apr 3, 4:26 PM
            2. Not berating the coach, merely stating factual info - Shocked on Apr 3, 4:52 PM
              1. Re: Not berating the coach, merely stating factual info - Anonymous on Apr 3, 6:07 PM

11. Be direct - Anonymous on Apr 3, 1:35 PM
  13. Must be a junior or senior if you got an offer - Anonymous on Apr 3, 7:23 PM
  15. Suggestions - Been There on Apr 4, 8:51 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement