OP are you delusional?April 3 2012 at 2:30 PM
No score for this post
Response to Easy to say... but the kid loves soccer...
You stated that the College Coach implied that you would be happy with the offer, but did not give any specifics.
You acknowledge that your child is probably only the 5th best player on their team. I'm speculating here, but if your child was a Regional ODP player or the team was a National Championship team, that would have been mentioned.
Conclusion: Your child is the 5th best player on an OK team, with no significant personal accolodes on her soccer resume.
Yet, you are somehow disappointed that the offer wasn't for more money?
Get real: The college coach was truthful - he has 14 scholarships available, with a roster of probably 25 - 30 players. He is offering an OK player a spot on the roster and providing some scholarship dollars to back it up.
If you expect a top 5 player, on an OK team to be looking at full scholarship offers, you really do not understand college athletics.
The coach is thinking: I normally don't offer players like this anything other than an opportunity to try out for the team and help them with the application process. Offering some scholarship dollars is really indicating how much we like her.
As far as your club coach: Again without any specific knowledge of what transpired between the college coach and the club coach, you are berating the club coach for helping out a kid whose family situation sounds a little bit sketchy?
Is it possible that the conversation went something like this:
College Coach: Thanks for the good words on OP player. I think she will fit in here. We are also looking for some help in (another position). Do you have any players we should be look at who are of the same calibre os OP child?
OP Club Coach: As a matter of fact, I have "my favorite" player who plays at the same high level, and is a(the other position you are looking for). She may be a good fit for you, especially with regards to helping you with the scholarship dollars. She displays a lot of the same characteristics that you see in OP's player and based on her families financial situation, she should be eligible for some non-athletic scholarship dollars. I think adding the two of them to your roster would be a win - win for all.
You know what they say: It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you!
- Re: OP are you delusional? - ANON on Apr 3, 2:41 PM
- Drag you thru it.... no names of clubs, coach, or college mentioned. - Anonymous on Apr 3, 2:43 PM
- This post was awesome while it lasted - Anonymous on Apr 3, 2:48 PM
- Thank you, but its time to end due to the childish responses that are entering now. - Shocked on Apr 3, 2:53 PM
- You are assuming a lot of things that I did not state - Shocked on Apr 3, 2:51 PM
- Really - Not so Shocked on Apr 3, 3:53 PM
- Great response - Anonymous on Apr 3, 4:26 PM
- Not berating the coach, merely stating factual info - Shocked on Apr 3, 4:52 PM
- Re: Not berating the coach, merely stating factual info - Anonymous on Apr 3, 6:07 PM