Back to Home Page  

Re: ACTUALLY

May 9 2012 at 5:32 PM
No score for this post
Soccer Ref 

Response to ACTUALLY

...the referee didn't allow the quick re-start because they grabbed the ball and moved it up 5 yds ahead from where the keeper picked it up. The encroachment was so wildly flagrant that the ref hit the whistle to deal with it as it struck the charging defenders 4 yds from the placement. I'm sure he wishes he had waited a nanosecond to realize the encroachment was unsuccessful (as the ball found it's way thru and into the goal). A regrettable mistake. I know this referee. He'll not only be the first to concede the error, he'll take it harder than the kids punished by it. He maintained the guts to issue 2nd caution for simulation(Kell actor rolling around covering his face like sprayed with mace). As to the PK with 6 mionutes left, I really despise the "too late in the game" / "let the players decide" argument since non-calls decide outcomes of games,too. I couldn't tell if it was in or out, but it takes b--lls to blank out the time left and call what you see. Let's reverse it: if inside by an "inch".... were it YOUR striker...would he not then be "deciding the outcome" by NOT calling it because "it's too late in the game"? Players should decide the outcome--- and they most certaoinly do when they trip an opponent in the penalty and take a red card for it.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement