U13B State Cup PicksMay 23 2012 at 4:23 PM
No score for this post
|Jack Straw |
U13B State Cup Picks
Group B is the "Group of Death", with three teams capable of advancing. Group C appears to be the weakest group, with the top two seeds coming off bad seasons. Each group will likely have surprise outcomes. Picks are based on overall projected points, with 3 points given for a win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss.
The winner of this group obviously will be NASA or Red Star, and fittingly, they tied during the season. I give the edge to NASA, having been more consistent and conceding a mere 6 goals all season. Hats off to CL3 TYSA for beating CL2 DDYSC, a team that lost a promotion to CL1 in their final game.
Red Star 6
Group B is the most unpredictable. Despite all the hype, Buckhead finished the Spring season winning only 1 more than they lost, with a goal differential of only +4. Meanwhile, CF ended the season in turmoil, losing as many as they won with an unimpressive +2 GD . Eagles, meanwhile, jumped from CL4 to CL2 in the Spring and compiled an impressive 4th place finish. This is Alianzas group to lose.
If there is going to be a big upset this weekend, it will be in Group C. This group consists of 3 teams that will play Classic 2 in the Fall and one that came close. Ambush seem to have hit their stride, while Cobb has imploded and CGSA and CFS are middle of the pack CL2 teams. Still, anything can happen in State Cup, and this group may be determined by a tiebreaker.
SSA Central 0
This group will come down to the match between GSA and Norcross on Monday, if they can both take care of business Saturday and Sunday, which is not necessarily a given. If their previous match is any indication, it will be spirited game. CFN and CFC East could play the role of spoiler, but neither has enough firepower to challenge for the top spot. The edge goes to GSA for their stingy defense.
SSA East 1
- Pretty safe picks ... - Anonymous on May 23, 2012, 4:30 PM
- Re: Pretty safe picks ... - Anonymous on May 23, 2012, 4:46 PM
- GROUP A - Anonymous on May 23, 2012, 5:32 PM
- GROUP B - Scarecrow on May 23, 2012, 5:34 PM
- GROUP C - Scarecrow on May 23, 2012, 5:35 PM
- GROUP D - Scarecrow on May 23, 2012, 5:36 PM
- Re: GROUP D - Anonymous on May 23, 2012, 9:41 PM
- CFC EAST - Anonymous on May 28, 2012, 8:06 PM
- CFS could surprise with much needed guest players - Anonymous on May 23, 2012, 9:42 PM
- CFS "midtable"? - Anonymous on May 24, 2012, 2:03 PM
- Re: GROUP A - Anonymous on May 23, 2012, 6:35 PM
- Ambush got one of the all time best draws - anon on May 23, 2012, 5:29 PM
- Re: U13B State Cup Picks - Anonymous on May 23, 2012, 7:54 PM
- Go right ahead - Jack Straw on May 23, 2012, 9:56 PM
- That would be impossible since girls soccer is insane - Anonymous on May 23, 2012, 10:05 PM
- Tin Man's Picks - Tin Man on May 23, 2012, 11:38 PM
- Tin man put down the crack pipe, CF will NOT finish last in group - Anonymous on May 24, 2012, 12:28 AM
- Re: Tin man put down the crack pipe, CF will NOT finish last in group - Anonymous on May 24, 2012, 12:32 AM
- Ok, I'll put it down for now. - Tin Man on May 24, 2012, 8:22 AM
- Re: Tin man put down the crack pipe, CF will NOT finish last in group - Anonymous on May 24, 2012, 9:31 AM
- So, CF's SC hopes rest in the hands of a couple guest players? - Anonymous on May 24, 2012, 5:28 PM
- No turmoil, just need to replace 8 players - Anonymous on May 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
- Where did SSA hired guns come from? - Anonymous on May 24, 2012, 7:56 AM
- Sorry Jack, you heard it hear first Redstar will upset NASA on home field adv. - Anonymous on May 24, 2012, 12:14 AM