Back to Home Page  

Re: Jack! Where are u?

May 29 2012 at 5:21 PM
No score for this post
Jack Straw 

Response to Jack! Where are u?

I'm still recovering from a long weekend of soccer. Saw some great games, and a few surprises.

I'll stick with my original prediction, NASA over Alianza in the final.
Some random thoughts and observations on what I saw this weekend:

Group A
Played out as I expected it. In a big game, I like the team that is the most balanced from top-to-bottom. Thought AFU did well, all things considered.

Group B
Alianza went through as I expected, but I was surprised they tied CF. CF appeared desperate, while Alianza let down their guard and allowed the late goal for the tie. I think Buckhead ran out of gas by Monday, with more action on the sidelines than on the field.

Group C
This group received a lot of attention, perhaps due to their midday time slots. Cobb did not strike me as a semifinal caliber team. In fact, from what I saw, they were outplayed by CFS. Ambush did not step up like I thought they would, scoring only 3 goals in as many games. With only one game decided by more than 1 goal, there were some missed opportunities in this group.

Group D
Looking at the final stats, I called this group closer than I initially thought. Norcross was the biggest disappointment, starting with an impressive win over eventual group winner CF East, then tying CFN before imploding against GSA. The only group winner with a loss, CF East goes through on the headtohead tiebreaker with GSA.

Good luck next weekend

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Jack! Where are u? - Anonymous on May 29, 2012, 7:30 PM
    1. Didn't CFS get screwed on a call in that game? - Anonymous on May 29, 2012, 8:05 PM
      1. Re: Didn't CFS get screwed on a call in that game? - Anonymous on May 29, 2012, 9:22 PM
        1. Re: Didn't CFS get screwed on a call in that game? - cfs'er on May 29, 2012, 9:38 PM
          1. Re: Didn't CFS get screwed on a call in that game? - Anonymous on May 30, 2012, 7:39 AM
            1. Videotape evidence confirms the infraction - Anonymous on May 30, 2012, 8:16 AM
              1. Re: Videotape evidence confirms the infraction - Anonymous on May 30, 2012, 11:47 AM
                1. Will do - Anonymous on May 30, 2012, 1:05 PM
    2. No bias against Cobb - Jack Straw on May 30, 2012, 10:47 AM

2. Re: Jack! Where are u? - Anonymous on May 29, 2012, 8:21 PM
    1. I resemble that remark! eom - Anonymous on May 30, 2012, 2:31 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement