Back to Home Page  

Re: Not what I meant

June 10 2012 at 11:25 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

Response to Not what I meant

I look at it this way, soccer may open a door that may not otherwise be available. For example, my son may get an opportunity to attend a school as a result of the combination of his grades and soccer abilities that might not be available via grades alone. Most highly competitive academic schools require that you bring something else to the table besides grades. Lots of kids have high GPA's (especially from some public schools where grade inflation runs rampant) and high level colleges are looking for something additional. Perhaps you will be satisfied with your child going to UGA and getting the HOPE. However, I have prepared to send my child to the best school that he might want to attend and look at soccer as another reason they may want him. What several UGA alums have recently told me ( and I agree) is that UGA has become difficult to get in, but is not really that great of a school. The highly competitive academic schools require something more than good grades.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Not what I meant - Anonymous on Jun 10, 12:10 PM
    1. Re: Not what I meant - Anonymous on Jun 10, 2:02 PM
      1. Why are you posting here? Look at original heading! - Anonymous on Jun 10, 2:05 PM
      2. Your son was fortunate to have been able to experience both. Future players may not be as - Anonymous on Jun 10, 2:38 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement