Back to Home Page  

My kid skipped tryouts too and we couldn't be happier.

June 13 2012 at 10:09 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

Response to My son quit. I was devastated at first...

We went to state cup this year and he was like, "really? I'm spending my whole weekend here, doing this?" So far, we haven't missed the sport. He's working his first job, doing his summer class assignments, a SAT class, and hanging out with friends. As a parent I'm really proud of his decision- he just would not of had time for travel soccer in the fall and especially high school soccer in the spring. He's a junior and probably needs to take the SAT several times this school year- the SAT test dates are only on Saturdays, which usually conflicts with club soccer games. He also needs to take the ACT several times, which again is only on Saturdays and conflicts with club soccer games. Depending on his test scores, he may need to take another SAT prep class, which either are on Saturdays, club game days, or weekday evenings, which would have conflicted with his 3 day club practices. In the spring he will have 5 AP tests to prepare for- which would have been hard with 3 day a week club practices that would have been scheduled to prepare for state cup, and absolutely impossible with 24 plus high school season games and practices every weekday- plus the stress of trying to keep up with his classes while participating in those varsity games and practices was just unnecessary.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: My kid skipped tryouts too and we couldn't be happier. - Anonymous on Jun 13, 10:21 AM
    1. Too many jerks on the forum - Anonymous on Jun 13, 10:52 AM
      1. Re: Too many jerks on the forum - Anonymous on Jun 13, 11:04 AM
        1. and you're a control freak- hey, are you one of those parents or coaches - Anonymous on Jun 13, 11:19 AM
    2. The reason why we're happy he quit is the same reason why we don't want him working during - Anonymous on Jun 13, 11:08 AM
      1. Re: The reason why we're happy he quit is the same reason why we don't want him working during - Anonymous on Jun 13, 11:45 AM
      2. Re: The reason why we're happy he quit is the same reason why we don't want him working during - Anonymous on Jun 13, 8:52 PM
        1. bitter much? - Anonymous on Jun 14, 12:20 AM

2. forgot to add - Anonymous on Jun 13, 10:30 AM
    1. What will he do for fun now that you are spending his leisure budget on SAT & ACT? - Anonymous on Jun 13, 1:10 PM
    2. 3.8 overall? - Anonymous on Jun 13, 1:37 PM
      1. 3.8 minimum - Anonymous on Jun 13, 2:06 PM
        1. Re: 3.8 minimum - Anonymous on Jun 13, 3:18 PM
          1. Re: 3.8 minimum - Anonymous on Jun 13, 3:44 PM
            1. Re: 3.8 minimum - Anonymous on Jun 13, 7:01 PM
            2. I don't think they were claiming they were using their wealth - Anonymous on Jun 14, 12:18 AM

3. Re: My kid skipped tryouts too and we couldn't be happier. - Anonymous on Jun 13, 12:03 PM
    1. Re: My kid skipped tryouts too and we couldn't be happier. - Anonymous on Jun 13, 12:11 PM
      1. Re: My kid skipped tryouts too and we couldn't be happier. - Anonymous on Jun 13, 12:36 PM
      2. Yep, most of the scholarships require a 31 minimum ACT score - Anonymous on Jun 13, 2:12 PM

4. BS. 5 AP classes if he survives will have him ready to take the SAT just once - Anonymous on Jun 13, 1:31 PM
    1. actually college applications are due in the early fall of senior year - Anonymous on Jun 13, 2:01 PM
      1. Uh..no...dumbazz #2. Your kid never took an AP clas or made inflated "A"s if you believe - Anonymous on Jun 14, 10:39 AM
    2. AP classes aren't an SAT prep course. Get a clue! - Anonymous on Jun 13, 2:02 PM
      1. Multiple AP classes but also multiple SAT/ACT attempts sets off alarm bells ? - Anonymous on Jun 13, 2:26 PM
        1. How does it set off an alarm? - Anonymous on Jun 13, 2:46 PM
        2. Get a clue! Its not about getting the average test score for the target college - Anonymous on Jun 13, 2:55 PM
          1. Re: Get a clue! Its not about getting the average test score for the target college - Anonymous on Jun 13, 8:24 PM
            1. what the heck is a journeyman? - Anonymous on Jun 14, 12:20 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement