Back to Home Page  

Re: No joking matter

June 13 2012 at 11:13 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

Response to No joking matter

You should be upset about it.

We left two years ago after we got tired of being asked for money to fund other players (who ended up getting more playing time), and after doing fundraisers to cover them. The most irritating part about doing the fundraisers was that the players who benefitted most from the funds raised were invariably the ones who didn't contribute.

Don't get me wrong: All clubs have scholarship players, and they should. There's a saturation point, though, and GSA doesn't get it.

GSA's problem is that the club doesn't control the number of scholarships on any given team, because they leave it up to the coaches. The coaches, in turn, dump it on the team managers, and say, "Make it work."

We still have a lot of friends at GSA, and practically all of them have said that the problem is getting worse with the number of scholarship players. More scholarships = fewer paying players. If they keep on putting the burden of higher costs on fewer people, they'll run a lot more families off.

It was hard to leave GSA. Our son and daughter had great coaching there, and made a lot of friends. GSA helped them develop a good foundation, and it was a valuable experience for them, for me, and for my wife. The politics of team management and the funding of the team became problems, and outweighed the benefits of staying.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Let me guess, you played for BK? - Anonymous on Jun 14, 2012, 12:10 AM
    1. Yes, Yes - Anonymous on Jun 14, 2012, 7:41 AM

2. Same problems we have in USA - Anonymous on Jun 14, 2012, 7:38 AM
    1. Re: Same problems we have in USA - Anonymous on Jun 14, 2012, 8:49 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement