Back to Home Page  

US Soccer stars comment on 10 month DA and ban on high school sports

July 17 2012 at 11:19 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

Brandi Chastain - "I honestly think that sometimes I want to shake the people in charge because it is not about you. It is about these kids having this experience because they cannot get it back."

Landon Donovan - "It is difficult because some of my best times were playing high school soccer. It wasnt the best for my development, but it was some of the best times. There is still a place for kids who want to play high school soccer, but I think the elite players are going to shift to playing against other elite players. That is the only way you make the game better and better."

- "I think the most important thing is that we are identifying enough talented players. I played on a club team with four or five players more talented than I was, but never would've had a chance to make it some for their own doing but others because there was no system in place to recognize the kids. My hope is that we can start identifying more kids and giving more kids an opportunity."

To read morehttp://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/us-soccer-star-criticizes-high-school-ban_aid24613

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Donavan goes on to say.... - Anonymous on Jul 17, 2012, 11:54 AM
  3. He sounds like a typical "company man" to me... - Anonymous on Jul 17, 2012, 12:07 PM
    1. Could it be the difference in opportunities between men and women - Anonymous on Jul 17, 2012, 12:25 PM
      1. Thi s may be the exact reason ECNL has not taken this approach - Anonymous on Jul 17, 2012, 12:31 PM
    2. Look into what he is really saying the powers to be - Anonymous on Jul 17, 2012, 4:03 PM

4. Landon had an illegitimate English child! Scorn him - Anonymous on Jul 17, 2012, 8:20 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement