Not trueJuly 30 2012 at 11:44 AM
No score for this post
Response to Nonsense - spoke to a few head coaches directly before we made the move
The quality of the National League is very high; most of those teams would probably beat about 75% of ECNL. It's only the best of the best that USYS has to offer (16 teams), whereas ECNL has gotten so big that it has many mediocre teams.
I'm sure those 3 coaches told you the truth about their individual programs, but remember, National League games are played at showcase tournaments like Disney, CASL Shootout, and Las Vegas; these NL games are attracting the most college coaches of any bracket at those events. Numerous college coaches attend National League games - the numbers don't lie if you want to look it up. Or just ask someone who played in it. Also, I went to Regionals this year in Greenville, and the sidelines were lined with college coaches at every game. So what you said about coaches only pulling from ECNL....that's not true.
I'm sure ECNL is pulling a ton of college coach attention, but USYS still has a foothold even if you don't realize it. I myself prefer the National League because there's no need to waste time playing mediocre teams. It's only 16 teams (4 per region on average), so EVERY team is elite even if they might lose to the ECNL champs. However, I respect those who would prefer ECNL; both are viable options.
- In all age groups the National League champ lost to ECNL - Anonymous on Jul 31, 2012, 12:17 PM
- Sorry to burst your bubble, but... - Anonymous on Jul 31, 2012, 1:21 PM
- No need to worry - Anonymous on Jul 31, 2012, 2:11 PM
- What Georgia team is in National League on girls side? - Anonymous on Jul 31, 2012, 2:04 PM
- Re: What Georgia team is in National League on girls side? - Anonymous on Jul 31, 2012, 2:20 PM