Back to Home Page  

Can anyone tell me the rule?

August 4 2012 at 8:29 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

My son is playing for a club team that the coach is also the high school coach where my son will be going to school this year. He is a rising 9th grader and has a chance at playing varsity. Is he allowed to play for this club coach this fall?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. serious? - Anonymous on Aug 4, 8:36 PM
    1. No Joke Mr. Stupid. - Anonymous on Aug 5, 9:28 AM

2. No rules against playing club with your high school coach .... but - Anonymous on Aug 4, 8:37 PM
    1. That is the rule in question... - Anonymous on Aug 4, 8:40 PM
      1. He definitely can't play varsity without your school facing possible sanctions. JV ... ? - Anonymous on Aug 4, 8:43 PM
    2. If the kid only plays JV at high school is that within the rules? - Anonymous on Aug 4, 8:41 PM

3. Re: Can anyone tell me the rule? - Anonymous on Aug 4, 9:05 PM
    1. Don't think GHSA allows that any more either. - Anonymous on Aug 4, 9:20 PM

4. No, he cannot... - Anonymous on Aug 4, 9:58 PM
    1. It's not the player that has the problem, it's the coach but since he picks both teams he - Anonymous on Aug 4, 10:10 PM

5. Verify with your... - Anonymous on Aug 4, 9:59 PM
  7. It's a dumb rule but best not to bring attention to your coach and school. - Anonymous on Aug 4, 10:19 PM
  9. The Rules is a High School Rule to prevent HS coaches from training year round - Anonymous on Aug 4, 10:27 PM
    1. Correct ... the player is fine - the coach risks suspension from GHSA - Anonymous on Aug 4, 11:02 PM
      1. Re: Correct ... the player is fine - the coach risks suspension from GHSA - HS coach on Aug 4, 11:07 PM
        1. Re: Correct ... the player is fine - the coach risks suspension from GHSA - Anonymous on Aug 4, 11:15 PM
        2. so we could ask the coach to adopt?? - Anonymous on Aug 5, 8:20 PM
          1. Would you want him as a role model if he wasn't up front in telling you about the problem. - Anonymous on Aug 5, 9:53 PM

10. Re; GHSA - anonymous on Aug 5, 12:46 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement