Re: U16 SPL/R3PLEAugust 5 2012 at 3:38 PM
No score for this post
Response to U16 SPL/R3PLE
I think the top four will be Triangle, both SCU teams, and Sunrise unless NASA is able to pull the team together very quickly and shake off what was a very mediocre year for them. There is plenty of talent on the roster and it could happen.
NSA will be solid but not great. They just don't have the region/national pool caliber players that the other top teams do.
I think that SSA will have a lot of ties. They play a deep defense and the whole team gets back to play defense. This will keep scores low but clearing the ball to a lone striker is not going to win games against better defenses and none of these teams are going to give them space for the center mids to keep the ball at their feet. It's tough to play a high intensity schedule with very little substitution and a bench full of players the coach has to hide.
I agree with the OP, GSAW and CFCE are way out of their league as shown by their regionals and Disney performances. It's going to be a hard year unless they get a lot better.
- So how do you see SPL shaping up? - Anonymous on Aug 5, 7:01 PM
- Re: So how do you see SPL shaping up? - Anonymous on Aug 5, 9:05 PM
- Re: So how do you see SPL shaping up? - Anonymous on Aug 5, 10:09 PM
- interesting start to the season - Anonymous on Aug 5, 10:36 PM
- ok, here's my picks - Anonymous on Aug 6, 12:45 AM