Megan Rapinoe view on Power vs SkillAugust 7 2012 at 10:24 AM
No score for this post
Megan Rapinoe, the best American player in these Olympics had an interesting view on the ongoing Forum debate of power vs finesse in this weeks Sports Illustrated:
"There are a lot or really bad coaches in the U.S. who maybe dont focus on the right things. Sometimes creativity is stamped out at a young age. You have to be a 'typical American'. I take pride in the fact that I'm not a typical American"
This confirms my view that many coaches either don't have the time or aren't smart enough to recognize and develop skill, ball control and passing over size and power and parents certainly aren't educated enough about soccer to understand the same and kids that exhibit skills such as passing, seeing the field and understanding the game are often left behind in favor of kids who play the "power" game.
- Does not confirm - Anonymous on Aug 7, 2012, 10:50 AM
- It confirms this.... - Anonymous on Aug 7, 2012, 11:31 AM
- Im sorry that - Anonymous on Aug 7, 2012, 1:24 PM
- Re: Im sorry that - Anonymous on Aug 7, 2012, 1:54 PM
- I agree - Anonymous on Aug 7, 2012, 2:33 PM
- She is one in a million - Anonymous on Aug 7, 2012, 11:58 AM
- Re: Does not confirm - Anonymous on Aug 7, 2012, 3:02 PM
- She is RIGHT on - Anonymous on Aug 8, 2012, 3:38 PM