My version of NASA tourney - what I saw and what I heard....August 20 2012 at 11:10 AM
No score for this post
Between my two daughters games this weekend and time spent hanging around between games, I probably watched more than a dozen Academy games this weekend and of course talked to a number of parents up through U13's. I thought it was a good tournament and especially considering the late switch of fields for the U12's from Tramore to EC-Y it ran smoothly at our locations.
What I saw - NASA, Norcross, TH and CF teams all try to play good soccer. And the coaches all seem to focus on touches, being comfortable with the ball at your feet, playing simple, passing and not booming the ball. I can't say the same about a number of other clubs I saw this weekend, with the worst offenders being SSA-CFC and Strikers. Frankly, it's bad when the parents' loudest cheers come from little Suzie kickballing the ball down the field. Please stop.
I also saw great sportsmanship between parents and players. We lost a heartbreaking 2-1 game against TH-Navy Sunday morning and almost every parent on both teams congratulated the opposing teams' efforts. It was nice to see. I saw the same thing after both NASA-CF games on Sunday.
IMO, the first CFNB - NASA Ingram game was more indicative of how those teams match up than the second. I thought the second result came from CF players clearly being more set in their roles and showing, I think, their experience gained from the Eclipse tourney. They were definitely the more prepared team and understood roles better than the NASA team, which I think is understandable given practice and playing time together. The last three games between the two clubs have been 1-goal games or ties so I think the 4-0 score was misleading. CF definitely outplayed NASA and deserved the win but it wasn't a 4 goal separation between the clubs. I definitely look forward to all of those future matchups as both teams grow into 11v11 play. Congrats to them on the tourney win.
What I heard - NASA is pretty good at U10, pretty bad at U11 and jury is out at U13. I heard from parents some of what the poster below commented on about U13, and it does sound like the mix of talent might need to be re-evaluated there.
- SSA fielded 1 team, your an idot and pot stirrer - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:22 AM
- Stop it RR - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:25 AM
- No fault in what the OP said... - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:35 AM
- The question is why did someone think RR was the poster? - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:37 AM
- Re: The question is why did someone think RR was the poster? - Anonymous on Aug 20, 4:29 PM
- Re: Stop it RR - Anonymous on Aug 20, 12:45 PM
- The Season Starts on September 8th - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:26 AM
- Then you know what to work on then. - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:39 AM
- Once an Opinion gets posted, the FORUM RATS regurgitate it to death - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:40 AM
- then the one team I saw pretty much boomed the ball out of the back.... - Anonymous on Aug 20, 12:12 PM
- Op was trying to call out the club based on 1 teams performance - Anonymous on Aug 20, 12:31 PM
- OP mentioned 2 clubs - Anonymous on Aug 20, 12:44 PM
- The OP didn't Identify himself as a FEMALE - Anonymous on Aug 20, 12:46 PM
- Because I could be 50% right. - Anonymous on Aug 20, 12:48 PM
- I don't think a MAN would describe a U9 6v6 game as heartbreaking - Anonymous on Aug 20, 12:59 PM
- I'm OP and I wasn't pot stirring, I was observing... - Anonymous on Aug 20, 2:28 PM
- Come watch my U6's play this weekend, now that is real soccer - Anonymous on Aug 20, 2:36 PM
- I love the NASA lies, let's look at this: - Anonymous on Aug 20, 4:20 PM
- Only 1 SSA team. The U15 team is from the Chiefs - Anonymous on Aug 20, 4:22 PM
- Yea, Only ONE - Anonymous on Aug 20, 4:39 PM
- Hahahahahaha even SSA parents don't know which teams are SSA and which are CFC - LMAO - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:08 PM
- Are you retarded or do you just read at a 3rd grade level? - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:05 PM
- Just Retarded - Anonymous on Aug 20, 11:36 PM
- Re: Are you retarded or do you just read at a 3rd grade level? - Anonymous on Aug 21, 3:19 PM
- Yes, yes I do believe they will be back at NASA in May - Anonymous on Aug 21, 4:25 PM
- Why should SSA support NASA tournaments. How many NASA teams - Anonymous on Aug 21, 2:33 PM
- We already went over this issue - Anonymous on Aug 21, 3:10 PM
- After Nasa Gets spanked at their own tournament - Anonymous on Aug 21, 4:53 PM