<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  

SSA teams

April 24 2012 at 11:01 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

If players are closer to an ecnl or da team in north Atlanta, and they make the team, good for them.
For many, Anniston would be a lot closer travel time and better fit. Whether BUSA can survive all their turmoil is yet to be seen-

Its as simple as that. Everyone realizes this is for a small percentage (1-2%) of SSA's 5000 players.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: SSA teams

No score for this post
April 24 2012, 11:10 PM 

uh, make that 6,000 players boss man

Anonymous

Busa isn't doing anything in Anniston. That's part of the problem.

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 7:06 AM 

Anonymous

GSA joining SSA?

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 7:23 AM 

Anonymous

Who are the most despised coaches in SSA

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 7:26 AM 

SG?

Anonymous

Re: Who are the most despised coaches in SSA

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 7:58 AM 

SG is loved by all. BR is the most despised. CM is a close second.

Anonymous

I think most the Big Ego Cobb Coaches

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 8:03 AM 

Especially the ones who are arrogant. We know who they are. Take a guess.

Anonymous

Re: I think most the Big Ego Cobb Coaches

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 8:25 AM 

If 'we' know who they are, why do we need to guess?

Anonymous

You are wrong

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 8:27 AM 

BR knows what he wants and works hard to get it. But I cannot think of a more selfless volunteer for SSA than BR. He does not get paid a dime for his work and coaching on behalf of the club. He spends untold hours away from his family meeting with other clubs, the USSF folks; he coaches two teams. Can he be demanding? Yes. Does he expect a lot of his players? yes. But he gets results and has donated thousands of hours to the club.

Anonymous

Re: You are wrong

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 8:32 AM 

Had heard he was a big volunteer coach and not making a living off the game. Kudos for that. Does that make him a target to those who would prefer to be paid for their involvement in the sport.

Anonymous

don't be fooled

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 11:15 AM 

don't be fooled by BR's volunteering. There is a price and he has an agenda and its his own. what wgfc has done and is doing through mergers is not benefiting the kids, its patting the ego's of those putting the mergers together.

all in all, nothing is different at each location. economies of scale are not taken advantage of etc.. i would love to hear how this has benefited the players. ENCL and ACADEMY access is not a benefit because if they are good enough they have access already. so that one is out of bounds.

now if in two to three years they have semi finalist and finalist in every age group for state cup then we have something, but that remains to be seen. Coweta, Douglasville and WGFC have not been able to do that up to now and I don't see it changing in the future.

Chime in.

Anonymous

Re: Who are the most despised coaches in SSA

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 8:25 AM 

Simon Davey(look him up-- impressive), Garreth Evans, Gummer, CM, BP.... and about 20-30 others.

Anonymous

Everyone @ Cobb likes GE

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 8:41 AM 

He does a great job in the academy and with his background @ Liverpool he knows exactly what he is doing.

Anonymous

i don't like him

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 10:45 AM 

liverpool stinks

Sam I am

I do not like him here or there

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 11:03 AM 

what about green eggs and ham?

anon

GE at SSA

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 8:38 PM 

Anyone who doesn't like the manner in which GE looks over the boys and the SSA Academy is an idiot and probably is an intrusive mommy or daddy who doesn't know their place at a club.

Anonymous

At least he is good to the players

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 11:11 AM 

that can not be said for all the coaches.

Anonymous

Re: Everyone @ Cobb likes GE

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 12:23 PM 

GE is easily the best coach at Cobb fc/SSA. No other coach performs his/her role at a higher level, along with 100% parental approval and support. Easy choice, GE is the best.

Anonymous

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 12:55 PM 

I 2nd this message. GE is excellent.

There are no perfect coaches - I've heard parents say a coach doesn't yell enough or too much; too little instruction or too much. You will not please everyone. The best coaches vary their method and message depending on the player - there is no one way.

Anonymous

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 1:35 PM 

GE's work in the academy will be seen in a few years. The u9's & u10's are very deep, along with GE giving this group undivided attention. Cobb FC boys academy is in good shape at the moment. U12-SG (SSA Doc), U11-JC (UEFA A License), U10, U9 - GE. Leadership placing importance the development in the academies will prove extremely beneficial in the upcoming years.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement