<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  

My advise...if your child is on a good team don't move to another club or shop

May 15 2012 at 11:12 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

It just breaks up a good team. You win some and lose some - but if they are developing then you have spent your money well.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

What if they are on a good team but not developing?

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 12:33 AM 

Anonymous

Then they have a problem or the team isn't a good team.

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 2:39 AM 

nm

Anonymous

Kids develop based on coaching. Either the child is not focused and pushing themselves OR

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 6:57 AM 

your child may need a different coach. Kids respond differently to different coaches

Anonymous

Yes, and

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 7:32 AM 

The kids he trains with need to be a good group that pushes one another for the development to occur.

Anonymous

Agree eom

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 8:45 AM 

Anonymous

The players have to be self-motivated to continue developing

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 10:46 AM 

by the time they are teenagers, its not about learning new stuff, they should already know it, its about using their knowledge over and over, to get better, this is not really a coach issue, its a player issue. Ask yourself is your kid still really motivated, or just 'going through the motions' because he is expected to? For instance, does he take the initiative and start warming up before his coach is even there? Or does he have to be told to warm-up? That is a true indicator of his motivation

Anonymous

Thanks. Now I can go buy a cup of coffee. I already had 50 cents.

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 7:41 AM 

Anonymous

Soccer is a Team Sport

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 8:35 AM 

Kids should play soccer for the team experience. If you have your child in soccer for the individual experience, you should think again. Sports like Tennis or Swimming would be better suited. However, for you child to reach their potential in soccer, it the players that they practice against that challenges them. The coach is just the facilitator.

Anonymous

Then we sure pay a lot of MONEY for coaches to only be facilitators

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 9:51 AM 

And I could not disagree with you more. I want my kids to get better to be able to compete. They need INDIVIDUAL goals....

Anonymous

Look at all the money you spend on soccer - The coach is the cheapest part

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 10:07 AM 

The game of soccer is simple to teach. But the players can only get better by practicing against better players. Seek the most talented group of players.

Anonymous

Re: Look at all the money you spend on soccer - The coach is the cheapest part

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 2:06 PM 

I second that!

Anonymous

So if his teammates are meh... then find some better teammates?

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 2:38 PM 

Anonymous

Unless he is also meh.....

No score for this post
May 16 2012, 2:49 PM 

Current Topic - My advise...if your child is on a good team don't move to another club or shop
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement