<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  

Bottom line parents, u8-u12 find a great coach and stay!

May 31 2012 at 2:01 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

There are so few true developers of talent in the youth academies. If find one keep him, they are worth their weight in gold!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

I just threw up in my mouth, a little bit

No score for this post
May 31 2012, 2:04 PM 

stop using developmental

Anonymous

Take club resources, structure, developmental philosophy into account too.

No score for this post
May 31 2012, 2:08 PM 

Great coaches are only as good as the clubs that support them in many respects. We moved to a larger club (not saying which one), moving away from a very good coach to a good coach at the larger club. The greater numbers, club resources, level of competition in games was much better though and more than made up for the minor difference in coaching ability.

anonymous

Academy level players need attention

No score for this post
May 31 2012, 2:34 PM 

There are pros and cons to every situation, but those younger players do need attention to grow as players. Doesn't matter the size of the club or status at this age. Just need a lot of touches. Don't sweat it- particularly at U8. Make it convenient as long as you possibly can!

Anonymous

Strap on the Shin Guards and Kick the Crap out of the Ball

No score for this post
May 31 2012, 2:41 PM 

why is this so hard?

Anonymous

if only...

No score for this post
May 31 2012, 4:43 PM 

If my son had the same coach twice we would have stayed...4 different coaches in 4 different years lost our club a player

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement