<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  

NASA Cherokee

June 7 2012 at 1:11 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

Looks like NASA Cherokee is going to be a bust. No wonder with Andy K as director. How could NASA be so stupid to get this guy on board. Their try outs were a joke and only five teams so far have been selected... They have very poor coaches (all rejects from Impact and one coach who has a horrible reputation with girls) and financially already a mess. They will not get access to the new Impact complex since they have a twenty year exclusive lease. Andy K promised several coaches multiple teams and high salaries... Now what? These coaches are upset and he is now promising them recreational teams. Yeah right Andy!
Dave, get this guy out of NASA. He will destroy the good name and reputation we have.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

You should pay so of the picket workers to keep AK from working

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:17 PM 

WTF

Anonymous

So sick of you crying becuase you feel AK is entitled to a job.

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:46 PM 

You friggen higher the jerk. Every time there is a post about AK sombody has to comment about keeping AK out of a job. He needs a new career. Shame on NASA. Beleive me. He has more enemies then friends

Anonymous

Why don't you try and get him on at the GA DOT

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:03 PM 

It would be hard to do any damage there.

Anonymous

Does Obama know about this?

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:10 PM 

Anonymous

Re: Does Obama know about this?

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 4:19 PM 

This is GA, a state that elected the sleaze bag Deal as gov., so why would the president be even remotely interested in what goes on here??

Anonymous

Re: Does Obama know about this?

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:53 PM 

He's not....Obama isnt interested in anything but himself! Hopefully he will be 1 and done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this true?

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:25 PM 

Where is the info on NASA Cherokee on NASA Website? Can't find it.
If NASA Cherokee is no longer, where would those players who tried out go? Metro North?
Is it true if AK couldn't get enough kids at Biello, they can't use the field?

Anonymous

Impact will lose their exclusive lease if they don't have the money

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:30 PM 

Dude

Anonymous

They can move back to Biello then

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:37 PM 

Since NASA Cherokee won't be using it

Anonymous

Not quite true

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:42 PM 

Cherokee/Nasa teams will play out of JJ Beillio. Under coaching staff it looks like they have added CB for u12 girls so he will coach his old Impact team out of Biello. The problem I heard about was some of the players from this team was tired of being stuck in the same position and never moved around. I think these girls need a new coach. He's ok for u9-u10 but not so good for older teams. Never has a strategy. If this team doesn't have a plan b this would be awful. No way would I trust AK to do what's right for my child. Parents still drinking the koolaid.

Anonymous

AK is the man

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:45 PM 

Anonymous

Re: AK is the man

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:53 PM 

What I don't understand is how parents can complain the whole season about Impact coaching and horrible showing during tournaments. Being relegated to second and third tier and still losing and not willing to make a change for their child. How they can follow the same coaches and not at least educate themselves on other opportunities. The NASA academy program is horrible too. Their roster change week to week. You never have any continuity. Their whole defense is to kick it out of bounds when they get beat. Haven't seen them do well in the last 2 years. Yet that's where they are going. All,I can say is Good luck with that!

Where should my kid play???

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:12 PM 

NASA is horrible, Impact is horrible...
What else is left out there without having to drive hours for practice??? SSA?

Anonymous

Did you see the new coach hiring at Impact

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:33 PM 

A former Dutch national that played on the 1978 World cup team that lost to Argentina in overtime. He played pro for 20 years and will be working with some of the girls teams at Impact. If this is not an upgrade over DJ, AK, SW etc, I don't what is. I keep saying Impact is on the rise. Why leave now? Stay at Impact and build something.

Anonymous

Did he head too many balls

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:37 PM 

Is he crazy or what?

Anonymous

I know multiple girls who quit the 98 ODP team because they absolutely hate playing for AP

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:55 PM 

Anonymous

What is wrong with AP?

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:11 PM 

Anonymous

Re: I know multiple girls who quit the 98 ODP team because they absolutely hate playing for AP

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:55 PM 

Seriously... my daughter plays ODP for AP, SP, MT and VH. She loves these guys. Several girls are not going to Regional Camp due to the fact they made the second team. Any time a coach has to make a decision on players and he doesn't chose your daughter then he sucks, he is no good, people need to grow up in the US and accept the decision of professionals. And we still wonder why we're not a power in soccer world wide. FYI - my daughter also made the second team (before I get slammed by you for posting this)...

Anonymous

Did AP brief this Dutch guy on how to leave a game in the middle?

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 4:02 PM 

screw you

Anonymous

Forget PW

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:18 PM 

He is not a nice guy, you assume that he is a step up at Impact, but you would be wrong. Try Ambush or Rush if you don't like NASA, sounds like you need a small club with small pool to boost your ego.

Anonymous

Carpool- It works

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 9:54 PM 

Anonymous

Is CB the one with bad reputation with girls?

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:47 PM 

or someone else who moved to NASA Cherokee?
Would like to keep my kid away from whoever it is.

Anonymous

I think you are talking about BP

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 1:51 PM 

He is at SSA backwards

Anonymous

Re: I think you are talking about BP

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:01 PM 

Wow, talk about desperate, how did you manage to get BP into a discussion about NASA and Cherokee.

Anonymous

No discussion bashing coaches is complete without mentioning BP

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:14 PM 

Did you really have to ask?

Anonymous

Re: Is CB the one with bad reputation with girls?

No score for this post

CB is not bad with girls it's just he does not get the most out of them. He is a defensive minded coach and tells the girls crazy things before the game. Like.. This team we are about to play is really good. They are #2 in Ga so we have to play really good. He does not instill confidence in the girls at all. They come out scared to death. He creates drama by saying a certain girl,is the best player on the team. She isn't and it creates animosity and division among the girls. Especially the ones who are working hard. At other clubs no one is identified as the best player on the team. At this age the captain is whoever is standing in the area when the refs ask for a rep. No one is elevated to rockstar status. He just don't get it.

Anonymous

NOT HARDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 10:17 PM 

Anonymous

Really??? Some of the players "was" tired were they? I don't know where you "heard&qu

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 9:01 PM 

but I can tell you the problem FOR CB and his old U11 gold team, and any other coach and team that has come through Cherokee Impact, is the LACK of INVESTMENT with time and money from the CSA BOARD. They NEVER have had ANY interest in developing/growing their select program. They have/had a large rec. program and HAD a solid academy program, but as select approaches everyone has always had to leave to find a club that invested in their select program. The CSA board NEVER would give the time and money needed to hire quality coaches and trainers at the select level to build a strong program... who knows where all of "THEIR NON-PROFIT" money goes. Had they invested in these children in Cherokee County by paying for these things in their 40+ years, then the talent wouldn't have to leave to go compete somewhere else at a higher level... what a shame! CB did the best he could with the numbers and talent he had to work with. IT IS THE CSA BOARD THAT I WOULD NOT TRUST TO DO WHAT"S RIGHT FOR MY CHILD. AK did his best while having to work with those people. Oh, and it's not the old impact team... it's a NASA team that will only help to strengthen that club. Why would anyone fear the expansion of a club... ??? AAAHHH... well, I would think competition is a GOOD thing, right?

Anonymous

Lookmat the coach assignment

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 10:37 PM 

NASA kids will still practice ay N Metro and Quest with the other coaches. CB will be at Biello with the Nasa/Impact girls. I guess only time will tell when the rosters come out. Truthfully, both teams have maybe 6 good players between them. How will that compare to UFA, Norcross, and Tophat that has a loaded team and have picked up more of the top players from other clubs during tryouts. When your team is good, everyone wants in. But when you are a feeder club no one new comes. The top teams have added to their roster, they don't have the distraction of the fighting going on. As good as you may think CB is he can't turn water into wine. you'll see. Those top players should have went other places during tryouts and joined teams on the way up. Next year will be too late.

Anonymous

CP?

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 6:29 AM 

Like they say, opinions are like @holes. Those that cant hang move on. Not about CB at all hater. You forgot to mention Inner Atlanta Fire. Time will tell.

Anonymous

You should become educated on the English language first. Then you should become educated

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 8:14 AM 

on soccer. It should be "have loaded teams", NOT "has a loaded team". You also should have stated... those top players should have "gone" other places, NOT went! Please stop butchering the English language and PLEASE STOP acting like you know ANYTHING about what is happening at NASA. Your skills in the English language and what YOU THINK is your knowledge of how things are going to go down at NASA must have both developed in the same place... on this forum.

Re: You should become educated on the English language first. Then you should become educated

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 8:30 AM 

"gone" TO other places. HAHAHA.
You need to keep it simple and post in one place - did you notice you're the only one who POSTS with caps here AND there like THIS - really ANNOYING!!!

Anonymous

GLAD I have gotten under YOUR skin! AGAIN... you have NO IDEA. That was MY FIRST

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 9:08 AM 

post. Found the forum only a week ago, and though entertaining at times, it has become MIND NUMBING from people like YOU. HOWEVER, I am sure YOU are a SEASONED veteran! Apparently I am NOT the ONLY ONE who does this, so go WASTE more TIME trying to figure out another theory! I have BETTER things to do with my life and so SHOULD you (which obviously you don't since you jumped on this post in 2.2 seconds). Go read a book (it MAY help improve your language skills) or go play with your children... if they are ever actually ALLOWED to JUST PLAY. Either way, go ENJOY this BEAUTIFUL day, and STOP worrying about what is happening at OTHER clubs. EOM!

Impact coach list

No score for this post

Who is still left at Impact and where is the list??
Looks like some good coaches on the boy's side moved to NASA Cherokee.

Anonymous

I think the coaching list was "IMPACTED" when they shite canned the DOC

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:04 PM 

Anonymous

Impact was making a come back under AK, then this new guy walks off the fields

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:05 PM 

OMG, what is wrong with the people running Cherokee.

Building National teams?

Anonymous

Leaving field...

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:07 PM 

To be known for walking off the field... How do you ever live this down?

Anonymous

Live it down

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:08 PM 

I think it is one of their set plays

Anonymous

Nothing further from the truth

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:38 PM 

AK was the reason Impact was in the crapper. He did not recruit. he did not keep any teams. He drove current teams away. He did not develop talent from a sizable rec program. He did not bring in local hispanic talent into the fold. AK singlehandedly ran Impact into the ground not rebuild. he surrounded himself with people who would lie and then he would not interact. Horrible management from a club that needed so much more. Now they have actual leadership and this club will thrive because AP knows what he is doing and has a plan.

Anonymous

We are losing - Run

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:49 PM 

You think the solution is to get the Mexicans to play. What a joke.

Anonymous

Change colors to colors of Mexican Flag

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 2:51 PM 

This would draw the mexican. Fat white boy too slow.

Anonymous

Shows you what you know... ZERO!!! The CSA BOARD has RUN Impact INTO the GROUND! It is six

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:12 PM 

feet under... DEAD and BURIED! The CRAP that is being talked about regarding AK and other coaches is nothing but whining from bitter parents... who "always know better than anyone else"... Right!?!

Anonymous

Shows you what you know... ZERO!!! The CSA BOARD has RUN Impact INTO the GROUND! It is six

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 8:32 PM 

You are correct,,,,I am a former bitter parent. Bitter that Kaplans philosophy was pay your money and sit back and shut up while I run your kids developement into the ground. Bitter that he never brought in good coaching, instead he would bring in his players from college or his players parents...What a joke! The kicker was when you tried to talk to him about your childs developement or lack there of, his reply was if you dont like it then leave! Well....ADIOS AMIGO!! He has lost a countless amount of players with his my way or highway mentallity.....can't stand the moron!

Anonymous

Most of your anger/bitterness is misguided. That is sad if that is what was said to you

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 10:54 PM 

(though I find it hard to believe, I understand we all have different experiences). However all of your other complaints are all about decisions and the philosophy of the CSA board! Those issues were frustrations of the former Impact DOC as well! THAT CSA BOARD has run their club into the ground.

Anonymous

It is perfectly normal to bitter towards AK, many people do

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 1:19 PM 

AK is a snake. He will more likely lie to your face than tell you the truth. AK is deceitful, holds grudges, spiteful, angry man. He will eventually take his anger out on your kid, all the while lying to your face. AK is most likely being used as a pawn to get NASA a foothold in Cherokee County, NASA could not otherwise get. Once NASA achieves their objective, AK and more from Impact will used up. This is not the first or last time I will say this, stay away from AK and your life will be better.

Anonymous

AP!!! Keep promoting yourself... I know you want to RUN from Impact... it's what you do.

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 9:21 PM 

So where you going next????

Anonymous

Hater

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:29 PM 

With your limited capacity of knowledge, the move from Impact to NASA was not solely for NASA Cherokee. NASA Cherokee is part of NASA moron, one of the biggest clubs in GA and certainly more credible than Impact. Your inability to see past your hand leads you to put stupid comments about AK and CB both who are good coaches and better men. You are going to measure that against a coach that walks off of the field and doesn't show up for another game, along with a BOD that pays a $56K of your money to a phantom Academy Coordinator. There is no comparison here what so ever. I even heard AP was shopping himself somewhere else. To the haters, we will see when we kick your A$$ on the field and take your complex. Please make sure you make the payments for the sod, the netting and finsih the restrooms. I want it done when we put the NASA logo in place.

Anonymous

Re: Hater

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:34 PM 

So who is this AK? SW? CB?

Doesn't really matter they are all a bunch of good old fashioned Wild West Snake Oil salesmen.

Anonymous

These 3 aren't selling oil - They are kicking arse and taking names

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:38 PM 

Anonymous

Re: These 3 aren't selling oil - They are kicking arse and taking names

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:45 PM 

Really, where?
I have yet to see ANY teams these 3 jokers will be coaching, proof will be in the eating my friend and I'm afraid the meal is going to be very unpalatable for any CSA players who think it's going to be different this time.

Anonymous

Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:49 PM 

Anonymous

Re: Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks,Cherokee Sucks

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:51 PM 

Finally, someone who understands.....Thank you

Anonymous

put that in your pipe and smoke it

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 3:35 PM 

Anonymous

Re: Hater

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 5:03 PM 

OK now that was a hilarious post....My kid played for CB.....We left for NASA and AP is a moron. I also am not a fan of AK....anyone know who I am? This is all BS....so much of this is not even true. This Forum is a total joke...if anyone reads this and actually makes a decision based on anything here then they are total fools.

I vote to take down the Forum!

Anonymous

You are right

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 6:32 PM 

non one is selling snake oil. The Chinese Water Snake is an endangered species and there is none available.

Anonymous

I know who you are

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:22 PM 

You are the soccer mom who moved to play for CB at Nasa. You and the whole team. All you did was bring that whole team from one location to another. Nothing has changed. NASA isn't crazy enough to give you their U12 team so be prepared for the same ole same ole. Not that they have anyone on their roster worthwhile. Have you seen their record? Just how do you think will get along with parents who can't cheer for their girls or the coach will call you out. I can imagine how those Impact parents with "lungs" scream the whole game gets told to be quiet. This will be priceless.

Anonymous

Did Nasa find a spot for CB daughter?

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:27 PM 

Heard they were trying to find a place for her the whole season with whoever they played. Sad thing is she's pretty good and should have left 2 years ago. Now every place has their roster locked up.

If she was that good, she would have no problem

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 9:25 PM 

getting into a new team. All BS

Anonymous

You don't know s#!$... this post was not from a mom! A moron could tell that, so I guess

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 8:08 PM 

that makes you less than a moron! HHMMM... what would that be... insignificant!?!Sounds about right.

phantom Academy Coordinator = DJ

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:12 PM 

NASA will be paying DJ next year - I'm sure AK promised him more than what he used to get from Impact. Good luck, NASA.

Thought you were gone long ago

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:48 PM 

Can't resist coming back on this forum and continue with your brainwashing can you?

NASA Cherokee is part of NASA moron

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:55 PM 

So why doesn't NASA website mention your new NASA Cherokee?
Why aren't those "new" coaches listed on their website under coach profiles.
Why is there no page setup for NASA Cherokee Academy? Only see UQP and MNP.
Why isn't there a list of players on NASA website who made it at NASA Cherokee?
It looks like NASA Cherokee is a total outcast.

Anonymous

It's happening! It's just going to take a little while!!!

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 10:13 PM 

Anonymous

I hate to tell you this, but NASA sux too...

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 8:17 PM 

been there, done that. Try talking to some of the people who were there when NASA took over Quest, maybe they can enlighten you into the political mess and 3 ring circus you are about to enter. Hold on tight for the thrill ride.

Anonymous

I hate to tell you this, NASA didn't take over Quest

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 9:13 PM 

United Quest and Metro North Merged to from NASA.

Anonymous

sorry, I stand corrected... but all decisions come out of MN ...

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 9:27 PM 

where there is a strong bias... At the time of the of the merge Quest was a stronger club, and now it has become a small academy feeder and mostly a rec site.

Anonymous

YOU don't know WTF your talking about...

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 10:12 PM 

LOL... decisions don't come biased from one place or the other, no drama at NASA...dude!

Anonymous

STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP separating it all! UNITED WE STAND!

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 10:26 PM 

Anonymous

YOU WISH! Give it time. It's only been in the works for four months. And they couldn't

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 9:15 PM 

even advertise about it to get the word out in a big way because of the lawsuits that WERE in motion at the time. It's going to be a good thing for NASA and Cherokee County... everyone just needs to RELAX and stop being worried about the unknown. As for AK it seems everyone has their own opinions and experiences... as we all do with each other. You need to have more faith in your club. NASA knows this expansion is a good thing... who wouldn't want a bigger pool of talent... and more field space... these are good things, unless it's the extra pool of talent you're afraid of???

Anonymous

Good Luck to "NASA at Cherokee"

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 9:29 PM 

Anonymous

Extra Talent

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 10:47 PM 

Please stop. Impact has 3 girls that are ok. NASA has 1. You do the math. Quantity doesn't equal quality. Look at not teams record. Both are mediocre at best.

Anonymous

??????????????????? Look at not teams record????????????????????????????????????

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 7:36 AM 

YOU have NO IDEA what you're talking about! Oh, and you are shooting holes in your own argument... you are correct, high numbers does not guarantee a quality team... Moron! Impact has NO GIRLS @ U12 so you have zero credibility with your uneducated comments right out of the gate! YOU have NO IDEA regarding the amount of talent or what the numbers are at NASA (all sites included)! You also have NO IDEA how the girls are going to be placed on teams, but it sounds like you're FEARING that girls U12 team this Fall already, huh? I would too... because the obvious theme here is... YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: ??????????????????? Look at not teams record????????????????????????????????????

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 8:33 AM 

PLEASE stop USING ALL caps in the middle of SENTENCES like you DON'T know how to WRITE!!
Embarrassing - Obviously you are concerned enough to show UP on every SINGLE post regarding nasa and IMPACT; showing the WORLD that people in CHEROKEE COUNTY don't know HOW TO WRITE!!!!!!

Anonymous

doesn't know how to write......not Don't

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 8:37 AM 

If you are going to use a "red pen" on these posts, you better get it right. Must be AP again

OMG - YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 8:40 AM 

Anonymous

It's all about "IMPACT" MORON (no pun intended... do I need to explain what a pun is to

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 9:19 AM 

you?)! Has NOTHING to do with writting/grammer knowledge. FYI... there are a few posters who do this, so shows what YOU know!

Mom

I don't know about all of you

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 1:38 PM 

but my daughter made the team at NASA U12 and we watched two teams of 8 v 8 girls play that quite frankly were really good.

We did notice about 3 girls from Impact were trying out and 2 of them were pretty good, the last one was good, but not outstanding.

I am looking forward to seeing how this team shapes up, but I also know that if any of these players are looking to go on to play in college like mine wants to, it will require getting good grades and doing some self promoting from our end.

If a kid wants to play for a particular college, they need to start contacting them and not sit around waiting for offers to roll in on a silver platter.

Good luck to everyone in this upcoming season and we wish everyone the best!

So, how are the girls going to be placed on teams

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 9:09 AM 

NASA Cherokee only has 1 team in each age bracket!!
Those girls are NOT going to play with MNP and UQP girls - ask AK!!

Anonymous

It is all new and I am sure will go through some tweaking. Bottom line is all these teams

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 9:25 AM 

have the backing of NASA. All of these teams will benefit from this as they move forward with their developement, especially into select.

Re: It is all new and I am sure will go through some tweaking. Bottom line is all these teams

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 9:35 AM 

NASA Cherokee gets merged with MNP and UQP at U13.
So what's the difference if you move to NASA Cherokee for Academy program now, or move to NASA when you are U13 or U14, which a lot of Impact kids have done in the past?
What do you mean by "having a backing of NASA"??
Girls at NASA Cherokee just moved from one field to the other with same coaches - what is the point??

Current Topic - NASA Cherokee
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement