<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  

Shouldn't we be able to bury Guadalanotyomama!

June 13 2012 at 4:27 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Too many coaches at USSF DA are killing our best talent

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 7:38 AM 

Yes we finally put the best players on the same teams to play against each other. Where the hell is the superior coaching since DA started? Where is the improvement in the staff compared to the per DA era? Same people, same habits, same mistakes, same everything.

Anonymous

U-20 Team

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 8:38 AM 

You would have figured that the U-20 team would have been a good test for the USSF DA, since the DA has been around for about 5 years now and I would assume that the player pool would have a lot of representation of former DA players.

And yet this team has lost its last 3 games.

Anonymous

Exactly

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 10:00 AM 

Anonymous

U-20 Team

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 8:42 AM 

You would have figured that the U-20 team would have been a good test for the USSF DA, since the DA has been around for about 5 years now and I would assume that the player pool would have a lot of representation of former DA players.

And yet this team has lost its last 3 games.

Anonymous

Re: U-20 Team

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 10:14 AM 

Oh yes, 5 years is a lifetime, and by now we should be No. 1 in the world!! Quit whining like a broken wheelchair; just because your kid did not get past Rec ball is no reason to be making a complete jacka$$ of yourself. Further, DA IS NOT THE ONLY SOURCE OF OUR PLAYERS FOR NATIONAL DUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

No

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 10:49 AM 

the whole point of the DA was to improve our NT. And yes, not all YNT players are from the DA, but US Soccer does a good job of promoting its DA and the players on the YNTs from the DA.

I'm not saying that we should be No 1 in the world, but at least we should be doing a lot better than this.

And to add the defeat of our team from qualifying in the Olympics to the mix, you can tell that something needs to be done.

Stop fawning over the DA. It hasn't completely gotten the job done. It's better than ODP, but not by much.

Anonymous

#1 Problem is

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 2:04 PM 

most DA coaches suck

Anonymous

Yeah they lost

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 2:09 PM 

twice to Uruguay (senior team ranked #2 in the world) and Chile (senior team ranked #11 in the world). At least they are taking on good competition and hopefully they will improve. We cannot become Brazil or Argentina overnight these countries have decades of soccer history where most children play this sport. We are still trying to improve the popularity of this sport and I think the TV ratings for the Premiere League and Euros show it is getting more interest in the States and hopefully this will improve the quality of our teams.

Anonymous

5 years

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 2:16 PM 

is not overnight.

OK, so I guess I'll be with all you libs and say that 4 years isn't enough time to turn the economy around, so I guess I'll vote for Hussein Obama to give him some more time.

Anonymous

Re: 5 years

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 2:28 PM 

Or you can vote for the other guy who we can all trust, because he always tells his audience what they want to hear. Either way it's a hell of a choice.

Anonymous

Not a matter of trust

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 3:36 PM 

It has nothing to do with trust. If you think that 5 years isn't a long time to turn a national team around, then I wonder how long you think it should take to turn a national economy around.

Anonymous

Get over it!

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 3:35 PM 

Stop be an apologist for the DA. The DA collected a good deal of the well-known clubs from around the country, like Concorde, Andromeda, Texans, etc. and put them in the same league. These clubs were already supplying much of the youth talent, so not much has changed. In fact, part of the criteria to become a club in the USSF DA had to do with how many NT players, etc. the club produced.

It's not like all of a sudden, these teams started doing anything that much different before they became involved with the Academy. Concorde is doing the same thing it was doing in 2005 that it's doing in 2012, just with more travel. The YNT scouts are pulling from the same clubs they did before.

The positives are that many of the DA are free or at a much reduced cost. However, since the DA doesn't start until U16, it doesn't help much for the younger players to get into the system, as these kids still have to pay a great deal. So it's still basically a system for upper middle class kids whose families have some money to throw around. In fact, with all this hype about the DA and college, I would say that it's becoming even more associated with upper middle class families hoping to get that 'edge' to get kids into a school with support from the coach.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement