<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  

Why do they call them soccer clubs?

June 27 2012 at 11:52 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

I am not sure why they call them soccer clubs. The definition of a club is as follows:

organization for a sport: an organization formed for the pursuit of a sport on an amateur or a professional basis
"a football club"
association for pursuing common interest: an association of people with a common interest

Most soccer clubs are lead by a board of directors that are elected by the membership. They are in place for the best interest of the members and to manage the paid professionals (use that term loosely) that have been hired to perform certain task.

I am not sure that this is how most of the clubs are run. Most of these are run by DOCs that have no administrative experience at all. These DOC pray on the weak, by telling them how great there kids are, and then putting them in position to be one of these board members and lock down there vote in all things that are related to the club. When a member of a club starts asking questions or pointing out to the leadership the moral flaws of the coaches in place they are ostracized and encouraged to go and find a new place to play. They are not welcome any longer. (There kid is no longer good enough)

How long are we going to be the fools of these clubs? Can they really make it without us? They have to have a paying membership if they plan on being able to be successful. We are a community and we need to start to understand that these guys are only it for themselves and could truthfully care less about their players or parents. Allow me to give you a real world example. My daughter played on a team that had a great player on it that a lot of clubs were illegally recruiting to come to their club. In a conversation with the coach he stated that there were a couple of coaches that would not impose on their friendship by trying to recruit that player away from them. In a conversation with the parent those very coaches were calling weekly. These guys are fools.

I think that it is about time for these guys to get looked at like the preachers in the mega churches. You see these preachers come in on Sunday and spend an hour convincing you why you need to give 15% of your salary to them for the betterment of the Church and then they drive off in a Bentley. I have a different view, I think that a preacher should only be able to make as much money as the average parishioner in their church. I bet the Kreflo Dollar does not like hearing that. Why not look at soccer coaches the same way?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

WOW...

No score for this post
June 27 2012, 12:02 PM 

You must have a lot of free time on your hands! Hell, I didnt even have time to read all that crap....

Anonymous

Re: WOW...

No score for this post
June 27 2012, 12:13 PM 

No kidding. Geesh.

I've got a better idea, don't play or move to another state where soccer is crap.

Anonymous

"starts asking questions or pointing out to the leadership the moral flaws of the coaches"

No score for this post
June 27 2012, 12:22 PM 

I wonder what club this is that the OP is talking about.

Anonymous

Re: WOW...

No score for this post
June 27 2012, 12:48 PM 

How do you know it's crap, if you did not have time to read it??

Anonymous

The Smell

No score for this post
June 27 2012, 12:51 PM 

It just smells like crap

R soccer fees deductible?

Similar parallels but

No score for this post
June 27 2012, 1:52 PM 

Different prey systems.

Anonymous

You're not far off the mark. happens alot.

No score for this post
June 27 2012, 1:56 PM 

tipster

pretty sure

No score for this post
June 27 2012, 2:29 PM 

you pick the club and try out. don't like it? find a better one.

tip: do this before you kid loses interest or decides to have a life outside soccer.

Current Topic - Why do they call them soccer clubs?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Home Page  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement